NYKE

HE WATCHED THE  lightning bolt descend down from the sky

He grinned . And the single bolt turned into a lightning storm.

He tapped his fingers on the tabletop . Once . Twice. Thrice . And the lightning storm ceased immediately , what left in its aftermath was complete destruction.

He was glad that his power was unique, unanticipated . But it wasn't enough . He knew he needed to train more in order to survive this. It was his first tournament and he needed to do well.

He stepped back into his castle , wrapping the thick black cloak over himself , protecting himself from the chilly wind. He thought about how the icy weather will prove advantageous to the water kingdom , after all , they master ice too . But of course , it will hinder the fire kingdom , which he had found out recently hidden a daughter of theirs in secret , only to reveal it now when they had no choice but to make her participate in the tournament.

"Hera Quinn." He tasted her name on his lips and decided he liked it . And if he liked the name , he should like the girl too.

Turning down the corridor , he noticed his family portraits hanging in a single row along the aisle. Looking at the photo of both his parents , his eyes still held no emotion . They are dead . Dead. He reminds himself and stalks towards the dining hall , ready to tuck into the meal Chef Marion prepared for him . Ribeye with mash potatoes on the side and no butter added - he remembered he specially requested this the day before and Chef Marion had sportingly complied.

Tucking in heartily into his scrumptious meal , he soon forgotten all about the loneliness he had felt and was more radiant than ever before . Food is the cure to anything . He nodded to himself in agreement and place his knife and fork parallel to one another on the plate , before deciding to continue his exploration throughout the castle .

Truth behold , he had never actually found time to explore the castle. When his parents were around , he only remembered training hard in sword fighting and studying piles of books everyday , barely having enough time to squeeze in a good meal.

Then again , his parents are gone now . And he is free to roam the castle , with no time restrictions and servants at his beck and call.

He decided he needed to go to the library first. Despite being " encouraged " to read by his parents , he was never given the permission to set foot into the library. And now he was determined to find out why .

Pushing the door of the library open , he was met with a shelves filled with wide array of books . Most of them dusty and old and thick.
He made a mental note to ask his maids to have them cleaned and placed properly.

He strolled through the sections and realized the books were all categorized based on the powers of the kingdoms. How did his family get all these information ?
He felt angry , assuming they most have stolen these from the other kingdoms . He knew his parents were no small cunning and scheming thieves.

Lightning, earth , water , fire- he allowed his eyes to stop at the last section and hastened his pace towards it , curious to find out more about that kingdom. And one particular person .Hera Quinn.

Picking a random book off the shelf , he started flipping through the pages . It started off boring taking about definition of fire and some examples of how you can use it the human way , but soon enough a sentence on one of the pages caught his eye .

FIRE FOLKLORE AND LEGENDS
- fire is associated with deities of trickery and chaos . We have no domination over fire , and it is ultimately fire itself that has control . It stems from the God of chaos , Loki , and serves to create or destroy , determining life or death .

He widened his eyes and realized what he had always been looking for was right in front of his very eyes .

He grinned .

He now knew who holds the power of death.