Prologue

Oakley Idaho. A quiet, small town of fields, farmers, and ranchers. The people who live within the residential areas of this small town are within walking or biking distance of main street that held the basic needs of the townspeople. A small grocery store that sold the basic necessities, food wise. If Clark's didn't have what you needed, you'd have to drive a few miles North to the city of Burly or to Twin Falls. Across the street to it was Judy's Café. A pleasant place to grab a burger or a drink. A post office resided next to the town's small museum that held the artifacts of the town's glory days. Beside the museum was the dance studio where children go to their lessons and dance. Neighboring the small park that held a slide, swings, and a jungle gym, was the swimming pool where residents wound go to beat the summer heat and take swimming lessons in the mornings. Excitement is scarce in this small little town, besides the occasional rodeo and the Pioneer Day parade on the 24th of July or a school program. Most of the townspeople either know, related to, or hear about each other, so strangers stick out like sore thumbs in this community. Most of the townsfolk start their day at the break of dawn, but one person in this little city starts her day before the sun even peeks over the mountains. This person's name is Sam Lova.

Sam is no stranger to the people of the town, and yet few people know much about her past. She arrived at the town when she was barely fifteen years of age. She was the great-granddaughter of Charles Lova before he passed away peacefully in his sleep, leaving their family farm to her to take care of. Everyone respected Sam and enjoyed her company when she came along. Her cheerful and optimistic demeanor seemed to radiate off of her like heat from the sun. Her gentle nature and willingness to help others is what made her special. She would help out as many people as she could with a happy smile plastered upon her face. Her looks were another outstanding feature that made her stand out among the crowd. Her body was thin and slender apart from her developing curves, but her muscles soon developed and grew stronger due to the work she does in her grandfather's field. Her skin was pale as snow until she began to work and spend time out in the sun and her skin was slightly tan. Her hair was blonde turning brown that reached the bottom of her shoulder blades and was usually pulled neatly into a pony tail. Her eyes seemed to always be changing in color, it really depended on the lighting in the room she was in. She lived alone in the farmhouse she inherited from her grandfather and worked hard to keep the property that had been in her family for generations. She raised many things from livestock to sell at the fair, to crops such as hay, corn, or potatoes. It depended on the year. As much as she loved her small-town home, she yearned for a bit of adventure in her life. Her dream was to travel the world and live her own adventures. She often watched the Travel channel and read books on different places around the world and read articles online about the best places to visit during the best seasons. School wouldn't be a problem. Sam graduated early and took online collage classes in the comforts of her home. She didn't think that adventure would find her anytime soon, she thought that she would have to go out and look for it. But adventure was closer than she could ever expect.