Chapter 1

"Ade! Wake up! We're gonna be late!" A male voice said, pounding the polished, black door.

"10 more minutes, mom." Ade replied, groaning.

"Adreanne! Come on! It's 30 minutes till the bell rings and you aren't even dressed yet!" A similar voice said.

Ade just groaned again. From behind the door, she could hear bickering.

"Dude, really?!" The first voice said.

"What?" The second voice said, innocently.

"You just called her Adreanne. Not Ade." The first voice said with a 'duh' tone.

"Yeah, so?" The second voice said.

"Well Adreanne is too long. Aren't nicknames invented for a reason? Just call her Ade, Jamie."

"Why do you care, Luca? I'll call her what I want to call her."

"I'm elder and I tell you to call her Ade. Not Adreanne. Got it?" 

"WHAT THE HELL, LUCA?! IT'S A NAME!"

The door opened, showing a pissed-off girl with a crown of red, curly hair. She's dressed in a blue tanktop that says "Don't Mess With Me" and blue pajama bottoms. She had on dark, thick-rimmed glasses which were hanging off the edge of her noise. The two boys were about to greet her good morning when she cutt them off.

"Say one more word and I swear you'll see the inside of each other's throats." She said, menacingly.

They both nodded.

"Why are you up so early?" She said, curling back on the bed.

"Oh no you don't." Luca said, pulling her back up but she just groaned and leaned her head on his shoulder.

"Don't you remember, Adreanne?" Jamie asked.

James Rhys Carson, "Jamie",  had always been the more polite one among the twins. He'd been the first kid to approach her in prep school and he's always been there for her. On the other hand, Lucas Aaron Carson, "Luca", was more of the adventurous, flirty type. Hell, he flirted with her the first time he laid eyes on her.

"Remember what?" Ade asked, yawning.

"Today's the day we leave for the Eighteen Days." Luca replied.

Ade groaned. "What the hell is that?"

Jamie chuckled, giving Luca a pointed look. "I told you she'd forget."

Luca shrugged. "She was eager to participate, remember?"

Ade reached out and clasped a hand over each of their mouths. "Stop bickering and start explaining. Go."

"Okay, so the Eighteen Days is an event our school holds each year for the graduating senior class. The school forms what they think are the most compatible couples and ships them off to live in one house for eighteen days." Jamie started.

"In those eighteen days, you have to treat your partner as if he or she is your husband or wife. Remember all the empty houses in the block by the west coast? Yeah those are reserved especially for this event. In the pre-party this morning, Principal Howard will announce what our address will be and there we meet our partners." Luca added. "Now go. Change already, you know you wanna look good for me."

Ade groaned, getting up and moving towards the bathroom.

Ade pulled on a black, chiffon blouse with stars embedded into the sleeves and tucked the front into a pair of denim cut-off shorts. She fastened leather bracelets on her arms and put on her black ankle boots. She then arranged her red hair to fall in waves and finished with her favorite strawberry lipgloss. She puckered her lips at the mirror and smiled at herself. Picking up her phone, she made her way to join her two bestfriends.