O N E

"Cara Branden?"

"Yes?"

"Here's your slip, you can go," the aid told me, while handing me a small piece of paper.

"Thank you," I said shyly.

I looked back at my forth period classmates. Most of them had judgmental expressions, but there were the few that I considered to be my friends that displayed the look of confusion. I mouthed that I'd text them in the groupchat where it was that I was going. I walked out of my history class and as soon as I turned the corner down the hall, and the door had shut, a weight was lifted off my shoulders, and I felt free.

Allow me to explain myself. Hi, my name is Cara Elizabeth Branden. I'm 17 years old, and I live in a small town in central Florida. At my school, I get made fun of a lot, but I don't know why. I don't have many friends, but the ones I do have, I treat like family and I tell them EVERYTHING. And by EVERYTHING, I mean my biggest secret. I'm a full time model. That's why I'm leaving school in the middle of the day. I have a flight to LA in an hour for a shoot. I'll be on billboards soon. It's actually my second one, but I was a baby when that one was made.

Next Day

When I got to the shoot, they had me wear a t-shirt, hoodie, and baseball hat. I was wearing white denim shorts, and Adidas Superstars. My blonde hair was curled and left down. I put the baseball cap on backwards, which defeated the purpose of the logo. But they did, however, have my name stitched on the back side, so I liked it better. We took a bunch of cute pictures in front of this big white canvas, and it looked clean and pristine. I loved it. My manager began walking to me, and I assumed that it was for congratulations, but I was wrong. "Alright sweetie. They are going to let Zac go next, and then y'all are going to take some together," she told me.

"Who's Zac?" I asked her.

"Zac Bronson, he's the male face and you're the female face of this company," she replied.

"I recognize the name... I'm down."

"You're going to be working with each other a lot now, so get used to it," she told me. I nodded and went to my vanity. I grabbed my phone and texted my friends from home.

Cara- SUP

Ken- Cara, what a surprise

Savvy- Oh my God Kenner, you're already annoying me!

Ethan- Savannah, have some chill

Ken- Cara, have you seen any of my cousins from California yet?

Cara- Three things Ken: One, I don't know who your cousins are; Two, California is huge; Three, When are you going to ask out Savannah? It's clear that you like her😏😉 (jk)

Savvy- OML

Ethan- Whoop

Julie- Y'all making me cry😂

Sean- Holy sh*t 😂

Ken- Where did y'all come from?

Sean- I'm just here for the drama

Julie- I just woke up y'all 😂

Cara- Jules! It's 3 in the afternoon!

Julie- Your point?

Cara- Nvm

Ken- I have no interest in this conversation

Savvy- Then why are you here?