Chapter 19

Barry and I were sitting in the cortex quietly talking about how to bring up the gay topic to everyone. We were the first ones at the Lab this morning so we had a little bit of time.

The first one in the cortex was H.R. who was already on his third cup of coffee for the day. That's literally all he ever drank.

A few minutes later both Cisco and Caitlyn came in and went straight for their computers.

Barry and I continued our hush conversation while we waited for everyone else to arrive.

Once Iris, Wally, and Joe came in to check on things I pepped Barry up. He needed a little confidence boost and a friend to get threw this.

"Everyone, I need to get something off my chest." Barry spoke up getting everyone's attention.

"What's up Bar?" Joe asked crossing his arms and giving him the concerned father face.

"Hey Barry!" Nate's voice suddenly shouted from the hall.

A second later in walked the whole legends crew. Nate, Len, Mick, Ray, Jax, Sara, Amaya, and Professor Stein now stood in the cortex as well.

Barry turned to face me and he looked pale. I pulled him closer so we could talk with no one else hearing.

"It's fine Barry. Everyone knows about Sara and they love her all the same. Just relax I'm right here." I whispered as I rubbed his arm.

Mick and Len appeared next to us both with worried looks on their face.

I nodded towards Barry to go ahead.

"Ok, as I was saying, I need to get something off my chest. All of you know I've been seeing someone." Barry started slowly trying to calm his nerves.

"Yea and we'd really like to meet her." Joe commented with a grin.

I hid my laugh while Barry tensed up.

"Go on Barry" I encouraged.

"Well, Joe, you won't be meeting her but you have already met him." Barry stressed both genders to get his point across.

The room fell silent as everyone took that statement in.

"So you're saying you're gay?" Wally asked.

Barry could only nod to answer him.

"I knew it!" Sara cheered as she came up to Barry.

She hugged him tightly with a big grin on her face.

"Who is this guy we've already met?" Joe asked in a protective tone.

Barry looked over to Len. My heart melted when I watched Len step forward proudly and wrap his arm around Barry. Len kissed his temple softly.

"At least they know now." Len chuckled lightly.

"Cold?" Iris asked in disbelief.

"Yea and before-" Barry started to defend Len I would imagine.

"Barry, we all love you and this doesn't change that. I'm glad you found someone to make you so happy. We've all noticed that smile on your face. We just never knew who was the reason for it." Caitlyn spoke up in her soft, loving voice.

"Now we do" Wally laughed gesturing to the couple.

"You two are actually pretty cute I won't lie." Iris admitted with a grin.

I saw the weight of the world slide off Barry's shoulders before he turned to Len. Barry buried his face in the crook of Len's neck while Len wrapped his arms around him securely.

"I told you Barry." I whispered towards him making him chuckle.

"All of you guys came here for a reason though. What's going on?" I asked stepping around Barry and Len who were still hugging.

"Not you Lexi. I'm sorry it's too dangerous for you to be involved." Nate said from the doorway.

"What? That's ridiculous!" I snapped at him.

"He's right Lexi" Mick added from behind me.

"We came here to talk to Barry and Cisco." Sara said using her captain tone on me.

I watched as Barry and Cisco left the room with the legends to be told about what is going on.

"Don't they know we have enough on our hands with all these husks being found around the city? We need to be finding this meta not fighting everyone else's battles." I spoke up towards anyone who was listening.

"CCPD is working on the husks. There isn't much more we can do except wait." Joe informed me.

I felt like a teenager again not getting my way. I kept my feelings to myself while I waited for everyone to come back into the room.

It felt like an eternity before they came back to the cortex. My eyes met Barry's immediately. I was silently begging him to tell me what was going on. I was not a fan of being left in the dark.

"Barry, we will meet you at the wave rider in the morning." Sara ordered before her and most of the legends left the Lab.

"What's going on?" I asked Mick, Len, and Barry.

"Nothing" all three of them said in unison.

"Alrighty then, I have paperwork at the university to get done." I lied so I could leave and not punch anyone in the face.

I made my way out of the cortex and out to my car. As soon as I reached for the door Barry was standing in front of me. I rolled my eyes giving him the "I'm not interested" look.

"You can't be involved because it's about your future self. That's why it's dangerous for you. That's all I can say so please just trust us." Barry was pleading with those puppy dog eyes.

"Fine. I'm still not happy about it. If it concerns my future I'd like to know." I huffed gently pushing Barry to the side.

I unlocked my door then opened it. I stopped to turn back to Barry before getting in the car.

"Just know that if something happens to me I'm gonna kick your little speedster ass." I was half joking and half serious.

Barry chuckled and nodded.

I ended up actually going to the university because I did need to check on my work and the department. I'm not suppose to be away as long as I have been. When life suddenly gives you a superhero best friend and a time traveling boyfriend the everyday stuff just seems too mundane.