Chapter Five

~~Hagrid's POV~~

"Hagrid?" Eliza's golden head peeks around the corner. McGonagall had it magically dyed so it would stay that way till she found Potter and Ginny.

"Yes?"

"Has my letter thingo come yet?"

"Not yet,"

"Why?"

"I don't know."

"Did you ever go to Hogwarts?" I look up sharply.

"Yes."

"Was it nice?"

"I never really knew."

"What? How can you not know? I mean, it's either good or bad right?" I look into her face, full of enthusiasm.

"I got expelled."

"What does that mean?"

"It means that I got kicked out." she looks shocked.

"B-but why?" she asks.

"I got blamed for something that I didn't do," I remember it perfectly.

~~Flashback~~

I hear footsteps. I groan as I try to get Arargog into the basket.

"come on," I say quietly. the spider skittles and shies away from the basket. I sigh exasperatedly. the door bangs open.

"Ah, Hagrid." it was Tom

~~End of Flashback~~

"Hagrid!" Eliza seemed to be yelling. "Oh gosh, i need help, he's not responding, what do I do? what do I do?" I open my eyes. she sighs with relief.

"Hagrid you weren't responding to me! don't do that again!" she says. I chuckle, and there's a rap at the window. a barn owl is perched there. Eliza approaches it with caution. she looks at me questionly.

"Let it in," I say. she opens the window and the owl flys in and land on the table. it lifts its leg up for her to untie the letter from. she excitedly opens it and reads it allowed.

Dear Miss Potter,

we are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on September 1. we await your owl no later than July 31.

sincerely

Minerva McGonagall

Headmistress of Hogwarts

her eyes are filled with excitement.

"I thought that we could send the owl back, and we'd have a week to get all your stuff from London, so your wand, books, pet-"

"Can I really get a pet?" she asks. I nod.

"But not a cat. I had enough of Crookshanks," I say. her eyes fill up with confusion.

"Who's-"

"Never mind," i say. What was I thinking?!

"So do you want to do that?"

"What?"

"Go to London tomorrow and get your stuff?"

"Oh! Oh, yeah! that would be awesome!" her smile is filled with genuine happiness. I hoped that she would still feel that happiness five years from now.