The Faces of Inequality

What Makes Some Superior to Others

People have the God given right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Some don't agree with this idea, this group contains but aren't limited to, Radicals, Dictators, and Warlords. Many believe that there isn't enough room for everyone in this world, and they pick the ones who should stay.

But, what makes one person or group better than all the others?

During the Holocaust, starting in 1933 ending in 1945, the Nazi political party of Germany, the only political party in Germany, decided to relieve the nation of the burden and guilt of world war one and its aftermath. Their resolve or at least Adolf Hitler resolve was to put all the blame on all the misfits in German for everything that had gone wrong with the economy, and why they had lost the war. He created an enemy for the German population to hate, to get rid of their guilt, to rid them of their offense(s). So, Hitler got his way, to create his superior race and banished his past with the Jews. He took everything he hated and made everyone else hated it. And, due to this a group became superior due to hatred of all the others

In the Rwandan genocide, it was a war to become superior. The Rwandan genocide is cut down to the four months war after Rwandan President was shot down. But, in actuality, the genocide started four years before during the Rwandan civil war, where the suppressed group came out of exile guns blazing. This group, the Rwandan Patriotic Front, was of mostly Tutsis, the minority of Rwanda. After two years of fighting, the two groups agreed to peace, but this was short lived, in another two years they are back at each other's throats and that starts the hundred days war. In those eight hundred and thirty days, anywhere from 1,000,000 to 2,000,000 Rwandans were slaughtered, 800,000 of those in the hundred days war. This war was due to one race thinking it was better than another, unlike the Holocaust which was one group against the rest of the world.

Unlike the Holocaust and the Rwandan genocide, where one race or one appearance was superior, in the genocide of Yazidis was over religion. In Sinjar, Iraq; and Syria, in August 2014 to the present, over 5000 Yazidis (ethnically Kurdish religious group) were killed by the terrorist group ISIL (the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant) or ISIS (the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria) for the reason of religious cleansing, this has become known as the Iraqi Civil War. While in the process of killing, ISIL abducted five - seven thousand women, took them as prisoners of war, then sold them into slavery. And, the main motive for this, was the convert the Yazidis to Sunni Islam. All of this because a group of religious radicals thought that Islam is the best religion in the world. But, they aren't the only religion to do this.

From the Crusades in the late eleventh century to the Scramble for Africa in the late nineteenth century- the early twentieth century to Manifest Destiny in the nineteenth century now, the Superiority of Christianity has killed thousands and destroyed thousands of other cultures. During the Crusades, people of other religions either converted or were slaughtered, a lot like the Yazidis genocide (Islam in the twentieth century is having its own Crusade). In the Scramble for Africa, countries of Europe used the "free" space of Africa to spread religion and cultivate all the natural resources. Not many or not any Africans like this idea, which caused them to revolt and caused the Europeans to use their superior metal weaponry on, in their minds, savages with sticks. Lastly, the point of Manifest Destiny was that people of the newly created United States had the "God-given right" to expand west and bulldoze anyone or anything in their way. These unexpecting victims included, but not limited, the buffalo, the Native Americans, and Native American Culture. Christianity has a lot longer history than Islam, a lot longer to mess up, and a lot long to have its ego swell.

Human beings have many flaws, one of them is their ego. Everyone has the feeling that the earth revolves around them, that everything is about them. This is one main factor of genocide, and, as seen, quite effective. Genocide gets rid of people that the people with the really big egos hate, despise, and can't stand.

Work cited

"Crusades." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 29 Mar. 2017. Web. 29 Mar. 2017.

"List of Genocides by Death Toll." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 26 Mar. 2017. Web. 29 Mar. 2017.

"Genocide of Yazidis by ISIL." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 28 Mar. 2017. Web. 29 Mar. 2017.

"Rwandan Genocide." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 28 Mar. 2017. Web. 29 Mar. 2017.

"Manifest Destiny." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 27 Mar. 2017. Web. 29 Mar. 2017.

"Past Genocides - Armenia, Holocaust, Bosnia, Rwanda, Darfur." United to End Genocide. N.p., n.d. Web. 29 Mar. 2017.

"The Holocaust." United to End Genocide. N.p., n.d. Web. 29 Mar. 2017.

"The Rwandan Genocide." United to End Genocide. N.p., n.d. Web. 29 Mar. 2017.

"Scramble for Africa." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 28 Mar. 2017. Web. 29 Mar. 2017.