Becoming

If she was going to battle a dragon she had to be prepared. She wore a leather shirt that had white fabric showing through in the elbows and chest. She had regular leggings and red leather boots that were silent when she walked in them. Mayone knew that most people would go fight a dragon in heavy metal armor but it would slow her down and agility was her friend in this case.

Even though the man had not specified what mountain the dragon was, she knew exactly where to find it. She hiked the mountain when it started to snow.

Mayone's breath turned to fog in the air. The moisture in the air froze creating the blizzard around her. It got colder and colder. The leather Mayone wore was not protective in the weather. It got colder still the temperature dropping by the second. She pushed through it. The sight in front of her was white. Then suddenly a light in the distance. She slowly walked over to it, shivering with every step.

Mayone got to the cave and was overwhelmed with warmth. A dragon was sleeping next to a fire it had created. Mayone fell on the hard ground. Her collapse woke the dragon. It was mad at first and then it recognized her. It picked the cold girl up with its teeth and cuddled her.

Mayone woke up with warmth and a dragon cuddling her. "Hey girl." Said Mayone petting the dragon. The dragon purred (or whatever sound a dragon makes when it's happy). "Are you ready to battle?" Asked Mayone. The dragon nodded.

Later they were soaring in the sky, Mayone rode on its back. They rode to the village where the dragon started to spit fire. The village burned and screams of terror rang through the valley. All the town would be silent except for the crackles of fire.

Mayone lived on and did the same thing to everyone she saw. But she couldn't care less, she had become the villain.