Prologue

"Papa, No! I don't want to work at the company now! In fact you exactly knew the reason why." Sofia cried. Padabog niyang sinundan ang ama papasok sa library slash opisina narin nito pag nasa bahay.

Don Romulo Montenegro was already piss off based on his expression. Ng makapasok ng kwarto ay dumiretso agad siya sa couch katabi ng paborito niyang cushion at pasalampak na umupo.

"Sofia Jane! I think it's time for you to grow up lady, hindi sa lahat ng oras o pagkakataon ay ako lang ang nagpapatakbo ng kompanya na pinaghirapan ko at bilang ng iisang anak, you are acquired to take my place sooner. Please Sofia, stop acting like a brat". Don Romulo hissed. Kasalan niya ito, if only he didn't spoiled his daughter that much hindi sana ito magakaganito ngayon. But I can't help it; she's the only precious thing I've got after her mother died when she was 8 in a car accident. Bigla siyang nalungkot sa pagkaalala ng pumanaw na asawa si Sandra.

Then brat it is! Nagdadabog na tumayo ang dalaga mula sa kinauupuang couch and said; "Papa, you're still here pa naman and don't said that crap papa. You're still healthy as much like a bull".

Ayaw munang magtrabaho ni Sofia Jane Montenegro until she's not contented of her current life. Enjoying those adventurous things made her thrill that much. Like bungee jumping, motocross riding, zip lining, and travelling places to one another. Lahat na gusto niya noon when she was a teenager ay gusto niyang masubokan ngayon. She never had the opportunity to try it before, dahil na nga puspusan siya sa pagaaral at nawawalan ng oras for teenagers-stuff-trending activities before. Sofia graduated as a suma cum laude two years ago sa kursong Business Management. And guess what; she half-heartedly took that course because her father pleaded to her, pinagbigyan niya ito and now I'll take any chances in life na gawin ang mga gusto ko gawin noon, and to secure herself away from... someone.

Sofia Jane Montenegro; Mayaman, matalino, at maganda sa taas niya na 5'9" at sa kutis porcelana na natural para sa may dugo ng isang kastila. At age of twenty-three, Sofia is a self-centered person na halos lahat ng lalaking pumuporma rito ay walley para sa kanya. Sofia never had a boyfriend since then but she did have a fiancé... in a different matter. She maybe had had everything except for one thing that she could never have and can't even reach a grasp by her own palms. She actually tried, but sadly failed. Ha! All blames to her. Though deep inside she knows that the ache was still there, and a scar from the past; a reminder of her stupidity.

Don Romulo slowly take a sit at his swivel chair and glare at her plainly and sigh; "Buti pa si Kompadre Carlos may Anthony who helped him out. That young man was such a gentleman. Don't you think Sofia Jane?"

Sofia turned her head to her father. "Oh yeah Pa, and add the word arrogant to his characteristic and Jerk as well." Sofia said angrily. After hearing that devil's name makes her blood boil.

"Stop that Sofia Jane! Anthony can be arrogant and cruel sometimes it's because he's serious to many things in his surroundings, he's a great man." and sigh, tumingin ito sa kanya at ng patuloy, "Sofia you're smart anak, why won't you stop that stuff you've been doing and start the beginning of your future. Hindi sa lahat ng pagkakataon ay nandiyan ako lagi para sayo anak. Please understand Sofia it's for your own good." Don Romulo was pleasing his princess to stop her adventurous stuff where he used to worry a lot every time she's out of the town to seek thrilled stuff... for escape.

Serious my butt! and nothing's great about that jerk kundi ang pagiging great nito pagdating sa babae. tss, you don't know the devil that much papa. He's not kin in taking everything seriously, that bastard is cruel! "I'll think of it papa,just give me time to enjoy this stuff more." she said instead.

"I've been giving you so much time hija, I can't wait that much longer anymore! Kung ayaw mo talaga then better prepare for the wedding Sofia Jane." he said in a tone of finality.

She stands up and raises her both hands for surrender "Ok! bahala ka na pa, gotta go to my room na dahil pagod ako buong maghapon ngayon." pagod na pahayag niya and kissed his father for dismissal.

Naiwang mag-isa si Don Romulo na nakatitig sa pintong pinag labasan ng anak. Sofia, whatever happened between you and Anthony years ago please move-on. I want you to be happy anak and Anthony can make you happy for the rest of your life. And me also anak, Anthony can give me peace. Piping salitang hiling ni Don Romulo para sa dalaga at sa prinsesa niya.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nakaligo at nakapagbihihs na pantulog na siya, tapos na rin niyang gawin ang every night routine niya pero heto siya ngayon nakahiga sa queen size bed niya at nakatunganga sa kisame, hindi pa kasi siya dalawin ng antok after hearing her fiancé's devil name ay hindi rin niyang maiwasan ang pagbabalik tanaw sa nakaraan nila napatiim-bibig siya sa alaala na pilit na kinalilimutan ...