Chapter Twenty Eight

"The ball's in less than a week," Harry tells Louis a few days later, folding the last item that's in the dryer and setting it in it's correct pile. Then he turns to look at Louis, seeing that the vampire has his back leaned against the nearest wall, his arms crossed over his chest. 

"Have you changed your mind about going?" Louis asks, opening his arms up as the boy begins stepping towards him. Since the claiming, they've been stuck together like glue, unable to keep their hands off of each other for more than a minute (even more so than normal). 

"No, I want to go still." Harry tells him, his hands balling into fists and clutching Louis' shirt (a habit of his that Louis finds extremely adorable. Well, Louis actually finds everything about Harry extremely adorable, but).

"When do you want to go shopping?" The vampire asks, tightening his grip around Harry's waist, pulling him impossibly closer.

"Doesn't matter," Harry shrugs, leaning his cheek against Louis' chest.

"We can go tomorrow," Louis suggests, his thumb absentmindedly beginning to rub circles into Harry's back.

"Sure. Can we invite Niall and them too?" I haven't got to see him since we..." Harry trails off, fidgeting cutely, a light blush rising to his cheeks.

Louis chuckles. Leave it to his boy to prance around his room naked, but be too shy to say the word sex. "Course we can. But for now," He trails off, smirking, teeth sinking into his lip. Green eyes dart up to blue, the vampire's eyes darkening. "My room?"

-

"Harry!" Niall cheers, speeding up his pace so that he can get to his best friend quicker, circling his arms around Harry's arm.

"Niall," Harry replies, allowing his blond best friend to lead him ahead of the other three men.

"I'm actually really excited for the bal, and I'm definitely excited for today." Niall says, a wide grin coming across his face.

Harry laughs, though he doesn't disagree. His face turns thoughtful, his lips twisting to the side. "I was thinking about getting my hair cut." He says quietly, though he knows the vampires behind him can hear if they want to. But they seem preoccupied with talking to one another.

"Oh?"

"Yeah. Well, if Louis' okay with it anyways."

"Of course Louis will be okay with it. He'll be okay with anything as long as it makes you happy," Niall says, blue eyes rolling. "Honestly, H, your hair looks good long, but I know it will look just as good short."

"Seriously?" Harry asks, raising his eyebrows. "Because last time I mentioned anything about getting my hair cut, you freaked out and told me not to 'cut the beautiful hai and turn ugly'."

"I was messing with you, Hazza, because I know you were joking then about getting it cut. You'll look good if you do, though I also still know you'll look good with absolutely anything."

"Thanks, Ni."

"So, what's this I hear about you finally getting laid?" Niall wiggles his eyebrows ridiculously.

-

The five of them climb out of Louis' car, hands intertwining with their respective mates as they all make their way to the entrance of the mall. "So where all do you guys want to look?"

"There's a bunch of places I want to look, but not for the ball." Niall says, promting a laugh from Harry and Zayn.

Louis rolls his eyes, chuckling along. "Are we splitting up, or is everybody wanting to just stay together?"

"Might as well just stay together," Zayn shrugs, and everyone nods in agreement.

The doors to the mall close behind them, the coolness of the place feeling great on their skin compared to the heat of outside. It's instant, every single person's eyes turning to them.

"Oh, that's weird." Niall comments, his eyes darting around, and he makes a face.

"Just ignore it," Liam advises, edging the blond forward further into the building.

Louis pulls Harry closer to his side, his head held high as he leads everybody to the nearest store.

Once they're all distracted by clothes, they forget about prying eyes, the people with their phones out.

At the first store, Liam finds his complete outfit, while Harry finds his shirt. Before they exit, the five of them head to the check out line with the items in hand. When they make it to the front, Liam pays for his outfit first, and then it's Harry and Louis' turn.

The cashier, a younger human male, probably early twenties, turns into a stuttering mess when his eyes land on the Prince, right here in front of him. He tries letting Louis off without even paying, but the vampire refuses, insisting, "I want to pay for my baby's stuff, thank you though."

The boy nods shakily, taking the shirt and scanning it quickly. He opens his mouth to say the amount due, but Louis' already handing over his card. It's scanned and the shirt is bagged, passed over to Louis', who immediately hands it to Harry.

They exit the store, heading to the next one. This time Harry finds the rest of his outfit, and Zayn does as well.

"That would look great on you," Liam points out a plain white button up shirt, grabbing one off of the rack and holding it up against Niall's chest. The blond hasn't seemed satisfied with anything he's found so far.

"Is it too simple?" Niall asks, frowning in thought as he looks down at the shirt. He actually seems to like it.

"No, love, it isn't." Zayn assures him. "I think it will look great."

Niall eventually agrees on the shirt and they take their bags, heading out of the store, ready to leave the mall.

"You guys ready to head back?" Louis asks, twirling his car keys around his finger.

"Um, actually." Harry stops them, biting his bottom lip when his vampire turns to him, along with everyone else. "I was wondering... Could I, maybe, get my hair cut?"

"Of course, darling." Louis answers immediately. "If that's what you want to do. You want to go ahead and get it done today? I know a great place."

Harry shrugs his shoulder. "I mean, it doesn't have to be today. I was just hoping to get it done before the ball."

"It's your call, H. I can call them real quick and see when they have appointments open, and we can go from there." Louis suggests, his hand already digging in his pocket for his phone.

"Okay." Harry nods.

Everyone goes silent as Louis dials the number, bringing his phone to his ear. He speaks into it, waits for a minute, then answers the person on the other end. He tells them to wait a second, pulls the phone away from his ear, and turns to Harry. "They have one today at four, and tomorrow at eleven, three, and five."

"Um," Harry thinks about it quickly. "Can we do one tomorrow? Is that okay?"

"Stop asking if stuff's okay." Louis huffs a laugh, tugging the boy over closer to him. "Anything you want is fine, just tell me."

"Tomorrow." Harry decides, his fingers absentmindedly toying with a loose thread on his shirt.

"Which time?"

Harry shrugs. "I don't care. The three one I guess."

Louis nods, leaning over to kiss his forehead quickly, before he tunes back into the phone call.

He hangs up a moment later, the appointment booked. "Now, heading back?"

"Can we get Burger King?" Niall asks.

Another short-ish update, I'm sorry
Twitter; clumsyxhes Instagram: toplinson_haz
Tumblr: larrylashtonmalum