Chapter 14

*Violets POV*

The Brooks had left an hour ago to their normal, weekday routine. Dying of boredness, I made my way to the kitchen while Moira poured my mother a glass of tea, while she silently rocked John.

I took the seat next to her. "Tea, dear?" Moira asked politely.

"Yes, please." I noted as I held my cup up for her to pour.

"You know, your father would like to speak to you." My mother informed quietly.

"Yes, dear. Violet, I know it's hard, but we are going to be stuck here for a while, you might as well make the best of it." Moira included as Vivian passed John to her.

"Well, I don't want to talk to him." I snapped back, while stirring the tea with a spoon.

"Honey, you can't just ignore him for the rest of your life. He is your father." Vivian stated, while trying to persuade me.

"I have a lot going on right now, and I don't need dad to be another burden on me okay? I promise I will talk to him, just not right now."

"Okay. Okay, but what's going on, honey?"

"It's just complicated..."

"You can tell me. Remember when we used to tell each other everything?"

"Well, it's just I kind of like Park-"

"He's a cutie isn't he? I knew you would like him when I saw-"

"Mom! No, you don't get it. I like Park, but like you know how Tate and I?"

"Ohhhh. Well, that's definitely a problem. You have to choose between the two."

"I know, I know." I mumbled, as I wrapped my hands around the warm cup and took a sip.

-
-

*Tates POV*

The house was still empty, when I found Violet playing with Beau in the attic.

Their giggles filled the uneasy feeling, as they rolled the ball back and forth.

"One last time." Violet laughed as she pushed the red ball to him.

"Hey." I stated, as I made my way to take the seat next to her.

"Hey." She mumbled, still distracted with Beau. I laid a kiss on her check trying to get her attention. "What was that for?" She laughed, as she returned the ball to Beau, who was banging old boxes in excitement.

"I was just being friendly." I smiled, as I wrapped my hand around hers, planting a kiss on the top of it.

"Oh, okay." She noted, barely paying attention to me.

"Hey, do you want to go to the roof?" I asked.

"Yeah, alright." She mumbled, as she waved goodbye to Beau.

I guided her to the window. Climbing out carefully, we made out way to a flat landing of the roof.

"It's so nice out here. I feel like I'm alive." Violet said as she laid down and sprawled her arms across the roof to absorb as much sunshine as possible.

"Yeah, me too." I replied, as I made a seat next to her, and laid my head across her chest. "I love you so much, Vi." I stated, as I interlocked my hand with hers.

She let out a long sigh, and continued to close her eyes.

"What's wrong?" I asked, knowing Violet, something was definitely up.

"It's just-" She started.

"What?" I said quickly, getting up on my elbows to look at her.

"Can we just not talk about it, okay? Let's just lay here, and forget. I want to forget everything thats happened and just start over. I know that won't happen, but lets pretend." She stated, as she laid a kiss on my nose.

"Okay, let's forget." I laughed, as I laid back down on the roof. "So what's your name?" I asked.

"Violet. What's yours?" She smiled.

"Tate."

"Tell me something about you."

"I kill people I like."

------------------------

3/27

Hey guys!

Hope you like this new update(:
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1.2K READS!?!?! I never knew I would get this much, so thank you everyone who's reading it!

If you like the story or have suggestions please comment below.

Votes + Comments = Faster Update.

Xoxo
McKenna🌿