Chapter 1: He Was Simply...Huge

~ Thanks for picking up my work! This is the first time I've heard of TheWattys and I'm really excited to be a participant. If you happen to like the story, do vote for it. =D

Comments are greatly appreciated (especially those that spot spelling/grammar mistakes). 

*Warning: This book contains manxboy action. So if you're uncomfortable with it, please look for another story with less rainbows and jellybeans.

You have been warned. Enjoy!!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hector

I watched him.

It didn't matter that the sun was beating down unforgivingly behind my back, or the fact that there might be others like me who were eyeing at him. I saw him first!

Keeping my footsteps light, I skirted along the edge of the pavement as I continued stalking. The plan was to occasionally bury my face into the windowsill of some random shop, pretending to be interested in whatever was in there so that I wouldn't seem too suspicious.

Or at least that was the plan.

Who would have thought that the magnificent me, in all my years of self-proclaimed expertise in the trade, would slip up like this?

I blinked a few times, staring at the cutesy pink thing decorated with frills in front of me. The triangular piece of fabric was wrapped delicately below the waist; its material so thin that it risked exposing the very area it was supposed to be covering. It would have been enticing, if not for the fact that I was staring at a female mannequin model instead of a real woman.

Hell. Since when did this place turn into a lingerie shop?

So...the plan was to blend in with the crowd and avoid attracting unwanted attention. I was doing the complete opposite. It had gotten to the point where didn't need to turn around to know that I was being stared at by numerous pairs of judgemental eyes. Someone even scoffed at me.

I pulled over my hoodie despite the scorching heat, partly so that the target wouldn't see my face, but mostly from embarrassment. I watched his dim reflection off the glass frame, and my heart skipped for joy when finally moved on from the spot he was standing for the past two minutes or so.

Without wasting a moment, I kept my head down and shuffled my way through the crowd, ignoring the occasional murmurs and curses that were obviously directed at me

Without wasting a moment, I kept my head down and shuffled my way through the crowd, ignoring the occasional murmurs and curses that were obviously directed at me. It wasn't until I was a healthy distance away from that nightmarish location that I let out the breath I hadn't realised I had been holding.

My eyes quickly scanned the surroundings and locked back onto my target. I took a deep breath to calm myself before approaching him, hoping that I would never get to see those arms in action. Don't get me wrong. I wasn't small.