Chapter 1

This is my first story! The cover is not mine, and the characters and basic storyline belong to JK Rowling.

Enjoy :)

I was starting my first year at Hogwarts! I was so excited I couldn't sleep, so I gave up at around 3:00 am and started packing my things. Being my excited self, I did forget one obvious detail

I was a Malfoy

Which meant I was to be put in the Slytherin house. That took all of the big excitement away. Wondering what your  house will be is one of the things I envy. I wanted it to be a surprise, but Father would be very disappointed if I got any other house. Mother, on the other hand, wouldn't care which house I got. Though she did prefer the Slytherin house. Draco, my twin brother, would tease me non-stop if I got any other house, but I was 22 minutes older than him.

I was packing all my schoolbooks, including my extra books I used to start studying before school, my robes, quills, wand, cauldron, and parchment. I added a few more things, then checked my rememberall to see if I forgot anything. As soon as it turned red, I realized I forgot I let Squeak, my screech owl, outside last night. She was supposed to screech, but she couldn't, so that's how she got her name. Looking over to the window, I saw she was just about to tap on it. Much to my annoyance, she was carrying a live weasel. I put it in my brother's room saying, "Happy Birthday." Even though our birthday wasn't for months yet. He didn't get a pet for school, because he wasn't listening or behaving at all when we went to Diagon Alley.

A bit later I went downstairs to make myself some food for the train. I wasn't going to be like my brother and buy all sorts of candy on the train and boast about it. Then, taking the one and only long way up to the very top floor AKA my room, I got dressed and decided to study until my family decided to wake up.

And we all were by a loud boy-ish scream

***

"You just couldn't not put that wild weasel that your owl brought in my room." My brother annoyingly said.

"It was too good of an opportunity for me, also the scream you gave got everyone up right away. You should be thanking me, we would have been late!"

"Whatever, see you around school sis."

Rolling my eyes, I made my way towards the "brick wall" and made my way to platform 9 3/4. Soon I was sitting in a compartment all to myself. Nobody wanted to sit with the Mayfoy's weird offspring, and I sure as crap didn't want to sit next to my annoying brother, who would just make fun of me.

I saw a group of girls about my age pass by, there's were 6 of them, all laughing and smiling as they got into the compartment in front of me. Watching them pass me, I felt a feeling of loneliness pass over me. The feeling of joy and having friends was something I was always envying.

"I wish that people would know that I'm nothing like my brother."

Before I knew it, I was in my robes and in Hogsmade waiting for instructions from a gigantic man.

"You alright there Harry?"

I gasped. Harry. Is it possible that he's the legend? The legend about the baby who survived the killing curse?! No, I'm getting my hopes up, but it's possible. Right?

We boated over to the castle, which was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. The man knocked of the doors, which opened immediately. We all stepped inside waiting for the sorting to start.

"Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts," I heard my brother say.

Whispers and murmurs flew around the room. So I was correct, Harry Potter is in the same year as me and is at Hogwarts!

A teacher then came out and lead us into the great hall. I looked up at the ceiling to see if it really fitted the description in "Hogwarts, A History," and it did, a girl behind me must have been thinking the same thing, because she said it out loud.

After the hat sang it's song, the teacher called out names.

"Brown, Lavender," she became a Gryffindor.

"Finnigan, Seamus," also became a Gryffindor.

"Granger, Hermione," ran up like she was running a marathon for her life, and became a Gryffindor.

"Malfoy, Draco," my brother being my brother, swaggered up all suave looking and immediately became a Slytherin. This made me kind of nervous. What if I don't get placed in Slytherin?

"Malfoy, Piper," I gulped and nervously walked up, sat down and watched as the hat was placed on my head...

My very first chapter is completed! Please tell me if you have any suggestions for me to use for this story. I will try to update every week, sorry in advance if I don't. Bye for now 👋🏼