"confrontation(s) (pt.1)"

{Alika}

The next morning I woke up to somewhat of a dullness hitting my eyes.

I nearly panicked upon realizing I wasn't in my own room, but fell relieved when I looked behind me to see Darryl looking down at me with the biggest smile on his face.

With one hand propped up to hold his head while he held himself up on his elbow, he slowly bit the left corner of his lower lip as he slowly traced one of his fingers up the side of my thigh until he reached the hem of his shirt I had on.

I have to admit... he looked pretty good this morning—messy bedroom hair and all.

"Good morning, sweetness," his voice so low, it caused me to jump a little at how raspy and sexy it sounded, "...you sleep well, sweetheart?"

"Yeah... I did," I said softly as I gently pushed his hand away and shyly scooted away from him as I got out of the bed, "...how about you?"

He smirked as he threw both of his arms behind his head and lied flat on his back with his right foot crossed over his right ankle, "I slept like a baby."

"Did you call about my car yet?" I quickly changed the subject.

"The towing company wouldn't answer when I called last night because apparently they were closed, but I called early this morning and they said they'd have the car towed to your place sometime tomorrow afternoon. I've already arranged for a mechanic to go and pick the car up and take it to the shop to get it fixed as soon as possible."

"What about picking it up? How long is it gonna take for him to fix it?? And—"

...hold up.

...how does he know where I live??

"Wait a minute... how do you know my address??" I asked out of curiosity, knowing good and well I haven't known him long enough to even give it to him, let alone even think about giving it to him.

"Oh... I only know because Tad's invited me over to the house a few times to hang out... since he said you spend the majority of your time with 'yours truly'," he lightly shrugged his shoulders as he indirectly referred to Michael without saying his name.

Interesting.

"...but like I was saying... the car should probably be fixed in maybe a few days, or maybe a week... I'm not exactly for sure," he shrugged as he sat up on the edge of the bed.

A week?? ...oh, god, no.

How am I gonna get around without my car for an entire week!?

"But don't worry... I've got everything taken care of, babe," he smiled at me reassuringly as he stood up and walked over to me. "You have anything in mind you wanna eat for breakfast?"

I politely shook my head, "I'm not really hungry, thanks for asking... I'd much rather prefer to go straight home. I'm sure my mother and Michael are worried sick about me. After all, my phone is still dead from last night... I didn't even get the chance to charge it up and think to call them," I shook my head once more as I took a seat at the foot of the warm, comfy bed.