Prologue.

The year is 1956 --

My name is Cassidy Mae Ryder, I'm 17 years old and my life was about to change drastically. I never even knew it back then.

 It was a warm Fall day when I received my first letter. I thought there was some mistake when I received it.

I skipped down the steps to mail box and tossed it open, pulling the mail out. I tucked the mail under my arm pit and shut the mouth of the box and lowered the red flag.

I skipped back to the porch and pulled the mail out from under my arm and took a seat in my mothers rocking chair, skimming through the letters.

"Cassidy Ryder

1034 Audubon dr.

Memphis, Tennessee.38117"

I stared at it for a moment before picking up the letter and examining the print. It was neat and clean -- I didn't recognize it.

In my head, I was debating on whether I should open it or not. I decided that it couldn't be for me. I picked up the rest of the mail and skipped back into my parents very modern home, setting the mail on the stand as I enter the house.

I walked deeper into the house until I found a pen and wrote "Return to Sender."

At some point I would drop that in the box. More than likely it would be when I left for the game. And it didn't slip my mind all night.