Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Blake killed Charlie.

I had met Blake only a few days ago and he seemed strange but nothing like a murderer. Aiden has been kind, he has helped me and tried to keep me distracted but it's not working, my mind still travels back to that day.

Aiden hasn't asked how I feel about it all, not once, but I feel like that's what I need. But what I do need is someone to listen to me while I cry, someone to hold me and tell me it's alright. But he won't. He doesn't.

I think he is broken inside, not as much as me or maybe just as much as me. He doesn't show it but Charlie was his best friend, his brother, and now all he has is his annoying little sister, who doesn't stop crying and whining.

Today he has decided to leave me alone as he has some 'business' to sort out. I really wanted to go back to school, to get my mind off it all, but Aiden doesn't think it's a great idea. I want to go back to Jake, to Chemistry, to Maths and English and the life away from the four walls that have kept me prisoner.

My first thought was that he has gone to sort out the funeral, but then why wouldn't I be included? That hit me harder than I thought it would, all the memories of our childhood with our parents. I could feel the tears prickling at the corner of my eyes.

Charlie was with our parents now, though they both died totally differently, they were still together. Leaving me to fend for myself. Our parents died in an accident and Charlie was murdered, cold-blooded and heartless. I never really knew how my parents died all I was ever told, by Charlie, was it was an 'accident'. I guess I will never find out.

I was brought out of my thoughts by a loud bang and shouting, even though I hated violence and confrontation, the silence had been slowly killing me. I gradually made my way to the door, the shouting getting louder with each step I took. I put my ear to the door and listened in, I knew I shouldn't be eavesdropping but once I heard my name it was hard not to.

"Well, why hasn't she changed?" I recognised that voice instantly, it had been around me constantly for the last week. Aiden, but who was he arguing with?

"I don't know, but I'm sure we will find out, if Mel hasn't changed in the next month then we will find our answer"

"OK? I'm leaving her under your responsibility, does she know?" The other guy asked.

I was tempted to walk out there and find out exactly what they were talking about.

"No, I don't think so, Charlie would've told me if she knew"

What didn't I know about? Charlie's name bought tears back to my eyes, I walked away from the door, it seemed like there were a lot of things I didn't know.

How my parents died and now whatever Aiden was talking about. Why did I have to change? I liked myself the way I was, whether anyone else liked it or not.

I felt the anger in me starting to boil. That got to me in a way I didn't think it would. I started breathing heavily, I felt like I was about to pass out. I started to back up to the wall, when my stomach starting feeling weird and my shoulders and back hurt. The pain was excruciating and nothing I had ever felt before. I let out a loud noise, it sounded like a growl. This surprised me more, a growl, since when did I growl.