Chapter Twelve

Mira fell asleep in my arms causing a small smile to form on my lips. I looked down at her beautiful and angelic sleeping face so happy to finally be home. I've missed her so much while I was away that it feels so right to have her in my arms again. Although, it's now a little different than when we were younger. Because unlike before we didn't have these constant sparks every time we touched sending a single to our wolves letting us know that we are mates meaning we're meant to be together forever. It always felt right when we were together like this is it's meant to be. I guess now we know why that is and it's because we are meant to be together.

It finally makes sense to me as to why I was so attracted to my little sister. And why I always wanted her for my own. Along with the fact that no other girl was good enough for me and how the only girl I could ever think of was my beautiful little sister. I couldn't even bear the thought of her finding her own mate, because she was mine only to find out what I was feeling was early signs of the mate bond. I can't recall how many restless nights I had thought of it and her. Or how many girls I tried sleeping with just to get her out of my head only for it to fail and feel wrong every time. I remember how happy I would feel watching her get jealous, well angered is more like it when I would flirt with the other girls. And how many times I would fantasize about kissing those perfect and beautiful lips of hers. And I would always push those thoughts out of my head as soon as they would appear only for them to resurface later on. It was always so much torture having to go through that every day I could barely stand it, but I couldn't ever stay away from her for a long.

And finally, it all made sense to me why the moment I returned home from war to see my beautiful baby sister all grown up. The moment I smelt her strawberry and honey like the scent it was like my wolf had finally woken up from its nightmare-like state as it was home. The smell caused him to go crazy forcing me to practically elbow my way through the crowd to get to it. I followed my nose to the source of the magnificent smell only to find the source of my happiness and my torture standing there. I would recognize those eyes anywhere including in the midst of battle. It was my baby sister the one my parents came home with that one night in one of the biggest blizzards of that year. The one who has haunted my dreams with her everlasting present like a curse I could never escape. And at the moment it finally made sense as to why she is my Achilles heel. The only answer was what my wolf was so happy about and that is she is my mate. And it was in that moment that everything finally fell into place as it all finally everything made so much sense to me all in that one moment of time. It was as if my whole world finally fell into place and I couldn't have been happier with the results.

The more I look at her the more I can't believe that this wonderful and beautiful person is my mate. Another thought was that I am so happy she is my mate as the other has the nagging fear in the back of mind that I'm not good enough to be her mate. But the moon goddess wouldn't have given her to me if I couldn't handle it all and protect her from all harm. And I would never reject her it's not even close to being a thought in my mind so it would never happen anyway. She is way too perfect for me so if anyone is unworthy it is myself. But I would never even dream of rejecting her because I want to be with her and only her for the rest of my life.

As I looked at her I noticed that there was dried blood on her finger. I growled lightly afraid to wake her up, but it still angered me that she was purposely trying to lead me away from her. And my wolf has actually have gone for it and was going crazy upon smelling her blood mixed with her scent going in the opposite direction. If I hadn't seen her moon bracelet shimmer as the moon reflected against it I would have gone the wrong way. All I saw was the light reflecting off it in the one moment and examined it I would have gone the wrong way. After closer expectation, I recognized it so I knew she went the exact opposite direction of her scent to chase her only to find her not long after realizing that. Although, my wolf was fighting with me to go the other way because she was bleeding and her scent was strongest, I was able to convince my wolf to follow me. And luckily as we got further and closer we got to her position the stronger her scent became putting my wolf at ease.

And I was so angry with hearing her say that she didn't want me to find her. But what angered me even more if she would have kept running for a little longer she would have made it past the forest and out of my reach at least in the game's perspective that is. She got so far from me within a few minutes of running and if she didn't stop for her diverting tactic she would have already made it of the woods before I could stop her. And the worst part is that she doesn't even realize it yet. Crap what I am I going to do with her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

Hey guys sorry about the wait. But I hope you all enjoyed this long-awaited chapter you've all been hoping for. So until next time my lovelies.