Chapter 1

Days passed without Vanessa leaving her room. She sat there with mrs.Norse bringing her soup and bread at every meal. She was to sad to talk to Mrs.norse . So the meals where eaten in silence over an old wooden table. Even Alice the usualy happy go lucky dog was laying on her pillow instead do begging for food at the table. A depression fell over them and it settled into Vanessa's heart.

***

It was 7:00 am in the morning on a Tuesday when mrs.norse walked into Vanessa's room. Clothes where scattered around the room and dishes in the sink. She sighed sitting next to to the sleeping girl. The woman had had about enough of this. She tipped the mattress over launching Vanessa onto the wooden floor with a thud .

" what the hell?!?" She yelled at mrs.norse . As soon as the words left her mouth a foul taste formed on the tip of her tongue and she regretted every word.

" I won't take this and more Vanessa. You haven't gone outside in weeks and the funeral is tomorrow" she said folding her arms. Mrs.norse more formally known as July said standing up straight looking down at her strongly .

" I know, I'm not going ." She sighed getting up from the floor and sitting on her now upside down mattress . Wow mrs.norse is strong she thought to herself as she traced the lines in the mattress with her nails. Mrs.norse walked over to the closet and grabbed a black dress, throwing it at her .

" I told you I'm not going" Vanessa protease throwing the dress on the floor before seeing the lace pagers that lined the skirt part and the small pagers in the collar . She felt tears coming to her eyes. It was the dress that Lisa and given her for her sixteenth birthday.it was one of her favourite and Vanessa hadn't looked at it in two years .

" don't say that Vanessa. You know Lisa would want you there and this is what she would want you to wear. Don't live in the past it only hurts more" she said gliding out of the room and shutting the door behind her . She pulled a picture of her brother from her pocket a single tear trickled out of eye sadly. She walked into her condo and sat on her old chair next to the window just looking at the photo.

She could still hear him call her Juju and see him making the stupid faces that he made to cheer her up. A smile spread across her face at the memory .

Vanessa put the dress back up on the hanger and placed it on the door. She ran a hand over the soft fabric smiling at the memory of Lisa smiling when she opened the box. Lisa was always a ball of joy , but now she was gone. She thought taking in a breath before walking into the bathroom and putting on the shower. She striped of her clothes and looked at herself in the mirror . She had gotten really skinny and looked like she had just gotten of of the streets. Her hair looked dull and her eyes had turned a pale grey .

Vanessa stepped into the shower washing her body and hair before stepping into the steamy bathroom letting the cold wake her up. It felt amazing taking a shower after so long. She breathed in the clean smell as she put a pair of black leggings and a long sweater that had been put in the back of the closet. But as she went to grab an old pair of toms she saw a box hidden behind them. Curious she took it out sitting down on the floor next to Alice .alice put her head in Vanessa's lap wagging her tail for the first time in weeks. As Vanessa opened the box she saw all kinds of photos and little things. A real smile spread across her face . This was the box that her and Lisa had put together of times when they crossed things off of their bucket lists.

Vanessa took out all the stuff showing Alice the stuff and telling her all about it. Alice watched Vanessa with sparkling eyes as if she was listening. Vanessa was so exited that she found the stuff she picked her phone up to text Lisa about it before she remembered that she was gone. Her head sank down sighing and putting her phone away . Alice moved her head to Vanessa's hand whimpering and looking up at her trying to help. Vanessa stroked her hair sweetly .

" your right . I shouldn't just sit here " she said to Alice then grabbed her toms to go out and get some things for tomorrow. It Was going to be a big day and She didn't want anything to go wrong.

Hey guys ! I hoped you liked the chapter ! Don't be a ghost reader comment and give some feedback on the chapter. I always appreciate it!-Vanessa