Chapter 4

Kakashi's POV
We ate lunch together, laughed, and talked the rest of the day. "Oh my gosh I remember that. Rin didn't touch me for a week. She thought I had teeth germs or whatever." She said laughing. We got to her apartment and we entered. "Hey I wanna see your full look with everything you got." I said. "Okayyyy." She said hesitantly. She went into her bedroom and got dressed. She came back out in her dress and heels. She had also put on the earrings I got her that matched the outfit perfectly. "You look good. Now I have one last surprise." I said walking over to her and covering her eyes with my hands. She laughed and held on as I guided her back to my apartment. I removed my hands and turned on the light. "SURPRISE!" Everyone shouted. Natalie smiled and turned to me. "Thank you Kakashi." She said hugging me. "Hey don't forget about us." Naruto said with Sasuke at his side. She let go of me and hugged both of them. "Thank you too." She said with a bright smile. She wandered off into the party and greeted people and started small conversations with people. She looked stunning in her new outfit. I leaned against the wall admiring how many people cared about her. 

Natalie's POV
I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around to find Sakura. "Oh hey Sakura." I greeted. "Can I ask you for some advice?" She asked rubbing her arm. "Sure go ahead." I said taking a sip if my drink. "I really like Sasuke and I try really hard to try to get him to like me and well..." Sakura droned off. "Look Sakura I don't have any idea if Sasuke likes you or not, but just don't try too hard. It makes you look weak and pathetic and I know Sasuke doesn't like that. Also don't take his side on everything okay. You are a strong and independent young lady." She smiled and nodded. "Good now go and enjoy the party." I said ushering her off. I sighed and walked towards Kakashi and Gai. "Hey Nat." Kakashi greeted. "Hello Kashi." I said smiling. "It's good to see you again Gai." I said looking at my bushy browed friend. He smiled and grabbed my hand and kissed it. "You're looking as lovely as ever." He said. I pulled my hand back. "Uh...thanks." I said at his awkward action. I looked back at Kakashi and gave him a look. He chuckled and took my hand. "Come on let's dance." Kakashi said. I agreed and we started to dance. It had been a while since he last dance from what I could tell. We laughed and he spun me. "You know it's been a long time since I had the much of a good time." He said with his signature one eye smile. "Well I'm glad you're having fun Kashi." I said. He dipped me playfully and we laughed again. I stepped away from him and grabbed Naruto's hand. "Come on let's dance." I said. He laughed and we danced awkwardly. I danced with Sasuke and Gai as well laughing the whole time. The party had started dwindling down and I could hear only one conversation. "You so cheated. You and her have been close. I should've just asked to do the bet with Asuma." I heard Gai say. I rolled my eyes and some more people left the party. I was getting quite tired and decided it was time to head back to the apartment. I walked over to Kakashi and Gai and smirked at them both. "I'm heading home, thank you for the amazing party Kashi." I pecked both of them on the cheek leaving Gai a blushing mess, and as for Kakashi I couldn't tell. I shook Naruto awake and we headed home. "Good night Naruto." I said before closing my door. "Good night Natalie." I heard him say back. I changed out of my dress and put on a loose t-shirt and some shorts. Tomorrow was the Chunine exams final battle and I was worried out of my wits.

*TIME SKIP* 

I walked into the arena and stood next to Gai as Naruto and Neji's battle started. I watched every movement and worried more and more. Gai put a hand on my shoulder. "He'll be fine." He reassured me. I bit my lip nervously and ran a hand through my blonde hair. Naruto came out of the ground attacking Neji. Neji fell to the floor and didn't move. I sighed and looked at the worry on Gai's face. I know Neji will be okay, but Naruto looked tired. Medics carried Neji out of the arena and Naruto returned to the competitor balcony. I looked for Sasuke and Kakashi. "I forfeit." I heard Kankuro yell. I froze, Kankuro would never back down like that. What are they up to? I asked myself. It was Shikamaru and Temari's round. Sasuke and Kakashi were still nowhere to be found. I tried reading for their chakra, but found nothing. Shikamaru struggled using his shadow possession jutsu. Temari had already seen him use it and probably would have already prepared for it. Shikamaru finally got a hold of her. "I forfeit!" I heard him shout. His chakra must already be at a low level. Not good if he actually wanted to get more hits on her. I heard gasps. I looked into the center of the arena. Sasuke and Kakashi finally arrived standing there like idiots. Kakashi finally came up here after talking to the procter. "Where the hell have you been?" I asked Kakashi. "We were caught up in training. What's important is that he's here now." Kakashi said putting a hand on my shoulder. I rolled my eyes and returned my focus to the arena. Gaara entered with a smirk on his face. They battled it out, Sasuke getting closer and closer with each attack. I could feel Gaara start to panic, he enclosed himself in a sand dome. "No." I whispered to myself. Kakashi and Gai tensed up as spikes dared to impale Sasuke. Sasuke dodged them and had a confident smirk on his face. He held his wrist in his hand. I know this jutsu. "You didn't?" I asked Kakashi angrily. "I did." He said hesitantly. "CHIDORI!" Sasuke shouted. Lightning appearing in the palm of his hand. I couldn't bear to watch. I turned around and buried my head in Kakashi's chest. "MY BLOOD!" I heard Gaara scream. I turned around quickly and almost jumped into the arena if I hadn't thought it through. Sand fell away from Gaara revealing him passed out on the ground. I felt my eyes droop, it was geinjutsu. "Release!" I shouted. I felt myself jolt awake. Kankuro grabbed Gaara and fled with Temari at his side. Sasuke ran after them. I went to run, but a hand grabbed my arm. "Natalie no." Kakashi pleaded. "I'm not letting him die." I said before running after him. I jumped from tree to tree before stopping. Sasuke and Temari alone in battle stances. My head started to burn.