Chapter 7

BRIEF AUTHOR'S NOTE: So this is going to be the first half of the ending of this story. I was originally going to make it one part, but I've held off on updating for so long I wanted to give you guys something.

I woke up the next morning, feeling colder than when I fell asleep. I opened my eyes to see the bed and my hospital room empty. I sighed as disappointment washed over me. I was hoping Sasuke would at least be here long enough to say bye before his shift. I looked over at the wall to check the time. It was a little past nine. I slowly pulled myself up into a sitting position just as the door opened.

"Good morning, Naruto." Hinata smiled at me. She pushed in a cart that had a tray with some food on it. "I brought you your first plate for breakfast. You can go ahead and eat this while I explain how this is going to work from now on."

I watched as she set up a lap table and set the tray on top of it. I looked at the food, and my stomach immediately began to start churning. "What if I throw this up?"

"I've added some ginger supplements to help with the nausea, along with some other foods that naturally help with that." She gave me a smile as I took a bite. "So while you're here, you'll be having two meals a day with a snack in between for the first two weeks. Once those those two weeks pass, you'll be going up to three meals and two snacks."

The food was pretty good, especially for hospital food. I nodded at her to let her know I was listening as I began to eat more.

"Now, you'll also have to be exercising." I groaned and she laughed. "Don't worry, nothing too excruciating. We'll just be walking the grounds of the hospital. Walking two wings the first week and slowly increasing over your time here. At the end of each exercise, we can also go visit Tama. If you're up for it, of course."

I looked up at her from my plate and looked at her hopefully. "Really? I'm allowed to visit him?"

She nodded. "Of course. As long as you're not overexerting yourself."

I gave her a wide smile and was about to go in for another bite but then realized my plate was empty. I looked down at it in shock then back up to her. "I didn't even realize how much I ate."

Hinata giggled behind her hand. "Well I'm glad you ate it all. How are you feeling."

I stayed silent, focusing on my stomach but I didn't feel anything. "I don't feel like throwing up, so you're definitely doing something right."

"Of course she is, she's a doctor." We both looked towards the door to see Sasuke and Kiba standing in the doorway. I glared at the two of them as Kiba snickered and Sasuke smirked at me.

"Shut up, you two!" I crossed my arms over my chest. "What are you guys doing here anyways?"

"I just finished showering and getting ready for my shift. Came to say good morning." Sasuke came into the room and placed a light kiss on my forehead. "And to say bye."

"Bye bastard." I waved at his retreating form as he left the room. I looked at Kiba who was now standing next to Hinata. "What about you, dog-breath?"

"I'm here to help Hinata with your exercising." He gave me a toothy grin and I saw Hinata roll her eyes.

"Help her with what?" I asked with a snort. "I'm not that problematic, am I?"

Hinata shook her head. "No, he's just trying to make up for what he did last night."

"Oh, what did he do?" I leaned forward in my bed.

"Don't worry about it, blondie." Kiba gave me a glare and I smirked at him.