Anne

Anne Kaden was not popular. She was far from it with her pudgy face, pigged up nose and freckle filled cheeks. She tugged down at her worn blouse from last year's summer blowout sale. All the other kids showed up to school with their brand name attire. Especially Melanie Allen.

Melanie what is the definition of cool from head to toe. A pair of designer sunglasses were perched on top of head with a elegant style. She wore only Hollister and Abercrombie tank tops and jeans. And she wore a new pair of Uggs and Moccasins for each day of the week. Melanie's wardrobe and humungous checks were not the only think Anne envied of Melanie's. Anne was always so jealous of Melanie's sky rocketing popularity status. To be honest with herself, Anne just wanted to be Melanie.
One day, Anne was working on a test in math class. she had studied very hard, just like she always did. She was just finishing up the third question. It read,"Find y when n= 58 n if n + y = 97". She slowly did the problem and about to check her work, she saw someone out of the corner of her eye. Melanie was looking over her shoulder and copying her answers. Anne was very angry. She pulled her paper closer to her and covered her answers with her hands. But Melanie wasn't going to give this up. She kept straining to see Anne's test. Anne didn't know what to do.

Maddie laid down on Anne's couch, rubbing her temples with concern. Maddie was 8 days older than Anne and they were best friends from age 2 when their parents had met at temple. Maddie had long, brown hair in 2 straight braids and rosy red cheeks.

"Anne! You cannot just let people walk all over you. If you knew she was copying you, you should have told Mr. Kenth," Maddie said, trying to give Anne advice. She frowned with disapproval.

"Well, I was pissed off, but it's not as if I could really do something like that, Maddie."

"Yes you can! It wasn't right for her to cheat. Your being ridiculous."

"It doesn't even phase you that she is one of the popular girls?"

"Do no play that card!" exclaimed Maddie, "Just tell her or anyone else who is cheating to stop or tell the teacher... ANYTHING!"