Rain

The city lights glimmered against the night. A slight drizzle of rain started pouring down as Elsie ran down the street. She grabbed the helm of her jacket and placed it over her head to protect herself from the falling water.

With a quick step and jog, she made it to her destination. Elsie opened the door, the warm inviting heat covered up her goosebumps in a sun kissed touched. Running her hand through her hair to get rid of the remaining drops, she looked around the small diner.

Her eyes landed on the far side by the large window. A girl with blonde hair smiled and waved her over. Elsie smiled back at her friend, Maya, and started walking over.

The booth held every friend Elsie held dear to her. Zia sat by her boyfriend, sharing a smoothly. Though Elsie couldn't figure out why anyone would drink something so cold in the early spring weather. The two looked up and made their greetings to her, giving her a warm smile that she wouldn't receive in a place she would call home.

Elsie plopped down by Nolan and easily sank comfortably against him. The table started an easy conversation. A few laughs and jokes were thrown around and suddenly the raining atmosphere was a simple background noise. The pitter, patter of its droplets hitting the windows. The warmth of happiness and friendship kept everyone glowing late into the night.