Chapter 1

Someone just might as well kill me now.

New neighborhood.

New school.

New people.

New.

New.

New.

You would think I would be used to all this change by now, but nope. In fact I'm disliking it more and more. In a few minutes I am going to be walking into a new place where I was going to be known as the new girl.

I was probably going to have all eyes on me.

Or not be acknowledged at all, and basically be a ghosts in the halls.

Either way, both sounded disgusting to me.

I was looking out the window of the car, listening to my music, until I feel a tug on my ear from my headphones being removed by my aunt Sarah.

"Hey!"

"I'm talking to you." she says.

"What?"

"So you ready?" She asks.

"Are you really asking me that?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Look, I'm sorry that I made you move here, but I seriously thought that it would be good for you. For you to have a new start."

The words, "new start" echoed in my head. What else was new?

"Its fine. I just want to get today over with."

"And it will be over before you know it, I promise." She says.

We were finally here. unfortunately.

"Well...have a nice day."

"Yeah, okay." I said sarcastically.

I got out of the car and made my way to the building. There were students everywhere. I could feel eyes on me. I know that my face read, 'don't even think about talking to me' because that's the attitude I felt. I walked into the office and explained that I was new and that I needed my schedule.

As I was waiting for my schedule, someone came standing near me, waiting as well. From the corner of my eye I could see someone tall. I could also feel their eyes on me from time to time.

"Hey."

I turned to the voice that was speaking to me and he definitely was tall, he had dark hair and he had a raspy voice. He continued talking.

"You're new right?" He asks. Damn, was it that obvious? I nodded with a smile.

"It's just I've never seen you around before. We don't get many new people here either." He says smiling. "I'm Jack by the way."

"Lexie."

I finally got my schedule. Jack asked to see my schedule to see if we had any classes together and we had a couple of classes together. I guess it was okay, at least I didn't have to worry about being lost.

"I can kind of tell you don't want to be here." Jack says as we're walking through the halls.

"Pretty much."

"It's not that bad I promise. You'll get used to it."

As we walked to our classroom door, Jack tripped forward from someone jumping on his back. I turned and saw a short girl with long caramel brown hair, with natural beach curls. They gave each other a hug and then did a small handshake.

"Caroline this is Lexie." He introduces.

"Hi, wow you're really pretty." she says.

"Thank you, so are you." I answered back with a smile.

She puts her arm around me as we walk into the classroom. Nobody was silent. Everyone was talking and having fun.

"The teacher doesn't really do much, this is basically a free class." she whispers to me.

Jack and Caroline take me to the back of the class where a couple other boys were seated.

Caroline announced that she brought someone new with her and all the boys cheered, raising their arms. Which made me laugh.

I slowly walked away from Caroline and someone stood in front of me, stopping me, as he got out of his seat. He was tall, tan, and extremely attractive. His eyes were beautifully brown and his lips were plump. I had no choice but to look up at him as he towered over me.

"Hi, I'm Cameron." He says with a smile.

"Lexie."

"Here, take a seat." he gestures to the chair he was seating in.

I sat down and he sat on my desk.

"You'll have fun hanging out with us." he smiles. I smiled back.

He seems genuinely nice and sweet.

"Especially with me around." He continued.

AND THERE WE GO. Nice and sweet was dominated by cockiness. I lost my smile.

"I'm sure I will." I say sarcastically.

Sarcasm, my one and only defense to make the other feel stupid.

"I think it's good that your parents put you in this school." he says.

"Oh do you now?"

He nodded.

"Well, my parents didn't put me here, my aunt did." I said.

"You live with your aunt?" he asks.

"Something like that."

"Where are your parents?" We stared at each other for a second. He sure did talk a lot.

"They go on business trips a lot." I said.

Class was over. We all got up to leave. I started to follow Cameron until he quickly turned around, making me almost bump into him. He started walking closer which made me back up. He started to reach behind me and he was getting a little too close.

"I'm getting my bag." he says as he doesn't remove eye contact. I turn around to see him grabbing his book bag that was hanging on the back of the chair.

When we left, Caroline walked next to me.

"Is he always like that?" I asked her silently.

"You're new, he'll back off. " she says with a laugh.

"Maybe." she winked.