Jude's Mornings

note: the cast/characters, the title and anything than my own creativity is not of my own creation. just  a fanfic. enjoy!

         I wake up early in the morning, everyone sound asleep. I'm rather comfortable with this situation because it gives me time to think. Preferably things about Connor. The familiar light brown hair that stops just below his ears, the dark brown eyes that seem to lighten the room, the strong-willed personality that could defend me against the typical bully. Connor somehow catches my attention no matter where I go. But it's probably because he's my first actual, stable friend. Through all the adoptions, I never seem to have the time to make any friends before I'm shipped off to another family. This one, though, is different. People that actually care if I'm comfortable here and don't seem to mind if I do things like wear nail polish. Connor just makes this whole thing seem real. I mean, before him, I felt the uneasy ideas haunt me. I expected that this family would give up on Callie and me, I expected to be neglected with the many siblings there were, I expected all these horrible outcome until I met my best friend. He made school seem not so bad, even with the bullies harrasing me. Now, there is nothing more than I want than to stay with the Fosters and Connor. They made the impossible seem possible and more. I'm happy with just that. 

         "Jude? Are you making breakfast?" Lena asks, coming into the kitchen with a freshly ironed suit. She's always the second one to get up, right before Stef. She pats my shoulder, her tired, faint smile  appears before taking a sip of the coffee I made for her.

           "You're too sweet," She kisses the top of my head before going back upstairs. I hear her knock on the bedroom doors, calling out everyone's name with a hurried tone. Stef may be a cop, but Lena is the one who orders around. I've always loved that part of her, motherly but strict. I could talk almost about anything with her. She seems to be more sincere than Stef but she's okay too. 

             Just as I finished, I soon hear the others walk down the stairs ad into the kitchen. Most of them are ready to go but Jesus is still missing his shoes and a t-shirt while Callie still has a messy, tangled bun.

                "Is it okay if Wyatt drops me off at school?" Callie asks. 

                "If your okay with me waiting for you at the front of the school, then its okay be me," Lena replies. Callie shakes her head, taking a bite of her pancake. She seems to be over Brandon but I'm sure her feelings for him are still hovering on the surface. She's probably using Wyatt to get her mind off him. Well, that's only my assumption but who knows?

          "I'm off. See you and the kids later, honey," Stef said, kissing Lena on the cheek before running off. 

            "Everyone has ten minutes before I drag them into the car," Lena says sternly. Everyone starts becoming lively with jokes and laughter, with some snickers here and there. They thank me for the food, as Callie and Mariana run to the car while Jesus scurries to find his shoes and shirt. I walk towards the car, taking a seat in the back. As it start to quiet down, with everyone texting or listening to music, I doze off and think about another day I'm sharing with Connor. The one who seems to be happy with spending time with me. I wonder if I'll ever bore him.