02

Jimin and I are in his office at the army base. We are sitting at the table where Jimin holds private meetings, waiting for Taehyung to arrive. It's been quiet in the room for quite a while, both of us too occupied by our own thoughts to even think of starting a conversation.

"What do you think could be so important that Taehyung can't handle it on his own and needs our help?" I voice out my thoughts keeping my gaze on my entwined hands that are resting on the cool, dark wooden table.

Even though I wasn't seeking for an answer to my question because I know that Jimin doesn't have that information, he answered it in any case.

"I have no idea what the problem could be. I hope it isn't something too serious that has in deep trouble with, but knowing Tae, he isn't one to be in such situations. That's why I'm curious about why he needs our help but didn't want to talk about it over the phone." He leans back against the chair with his hands behind his head letting out an audible sigh.

"Well what ever it is, not only as the general of the army and his assisstant but also as his friends, it's our duty to help him no matter how much effort and trouble it may cause us in the process." I give my opinion and just as Jimin was about to say something there was a knock on the office door.

Jimin grants the person permission to enter. The door opens to reveal Jungkook's head peaking inside.

"Um... TaeTae hyung is here to see you guys."

"Thanks kookie. You can let him in." I give him a warm smile.

He nods his head and opens the door wider. Taehyung shortly walks in after quietly thanking Jungkook. Once Taehyung has walked inside the office, Jungkook closes the door and gets back to whatever work he has to do.

"Good morning Jimin, y/n. Thanks for seeing me today." Taehyung says seriously, standing in front of us.

"No need to be so formal Tae. Have a seat." I gesture towards the seat in front of me.

He nods his head before approaching the indicated seat and sits down.

"Would you like some tea, coffee or water before we start?" I ask him kindly with a soft smile on my face.

"No thank you. I'm fine at the moment." He politely rejects my offer. Jimin wastes no time in asking him questions. Jimin is a busy man after all.

"So Tae, how can we help you? What seems to be the problem that you are in need of our assistance?"

Taehyung rests his hands on the table, much like I am and hills before he answers.

"My slaves on my farm are mysteriously disappearing."

Jimin and I are both furrow our eyebrows before looking at each other in confusion.

"What do you mean your slaves are disappearing?" I ask him this time.

"I mean exactly what I say. It happens when I leave for the city but not every time. At least one of my female slaves disappears every month. I don't know if they run away or have been kidnapped. I've tried investigating by searching my farm grounds, auction houses, brothels every where I could think of but with no luck. Trust me if I could deal with this by myself then I wouldn't bother you with my problems."

"So you're getting upset because a few humans are missing? Just get more, you've got the funds to do that- ouch!" I hit Jimin at the back of his head and scold him for being insensitive toward his friend.

While Jimin pouts and rubs his head where I hit him, I turn to Taehyung who looks defeated.

"What would you like us to do Taehyung?" I ask him softly.