5th chapter

I turned my head to the front door when I heard the bell. Exactly 7pm. I took a deep breath, grabbed my purse. I stroked Bue on the head and went to open the door.

"Ready to go m'lady?" He asked after a moment of silence. "Of course." I closed the door behind me and locked it. "How was your day?" He asked me when we got into the car. "Boring." I answered.

I've been thinking about this all day long.

Was this even a good decision to begin with?

What mess am I getting myself into?

Yes, even though I would probably never ever admit this to him I actually do love his music, I do find him hot.. and yeah I might have stalked the shit out of him once or twice... or three million times... What can I say, I'm deaf neither am I blind.

Aand Yes, we hooked up once and have seen each other at a few parties, but I thought that was all it was. Just a one night stand and those awkward head nods every time we would see each other at another parties. Just a little crush - if you could even call it that.

And suddenly here I am, sitting in his car that probably costed more than my whole childhood, going on a... is this even a date? Going on whatever this evening even is and I have no idea why.

This kid really does get everything he wants, doesn't he?

I stepped out of the car when he parked behind the restaurant. "I would open the door for you, y'know." I heard Gerald's harsh annoyed voice, "Oh c'mon, don't act like a gentleman. You don't have to front when you're with me." I said sarcastically and continued to walk towards the restaurant. "I am a gentleman." He argued. 

He caught up with me and walked faster so he could hold the door for me this time. It was actually pretty funny, but cute the way he ran up to the door just to prove his point.

We came to a table that was reserved under his name. I sat down and smiled at G as he stared at me, shaking his head at the waiter who brought the menu, I read the pages, "Gerald?" I broke the silence. "Yeah?" He didn't look up from the menu.

"I don'tt know what you're expecting tonight, but I'm definitely not going to bed with you tonight." I told him, but before he could reply the waiter is back at our table.

We tell him our orders. "Wine?" The waiter asks, "Red." We both say at the same time. I couldn't help but smile.

As soon as the waiter left he started speaking. "I assure you I don't want you in my bed." He said. "Well, not tonight." He grinned

"Okay, let's say I believe you, then why did you invite a girl you barely know for dinner?"

"Your eyes." He said simply, "Huh?" I didn't understand.

"There is something about them. As if I could see your whole personality in them." He looks at me. "When I look into your eyes it's as if I've known you my whole life."

Such a deep answer for my simple question.

"So let's make it clear -" I started "- you invited me to dinner because you looked into my eyes once and lost your breath?!"

"I see hope in them." He shrugged.

"What do you expect from tonight?" The waiter brought us our food. "I want to show you I'm not the one they write about." He mocked me. "And then?" There was silence for a while, and only the clink of cutlery, other people's debates, and classical music was heard. "I want to try it." I almost dropped the cutlery. "Try what?"

"Us." He said almost in a whisper. "Like a couple?" I furrowed my eyebrows. "Yes, Amani, as a couple." He smiled and shook his head.

Oh no, what is you doing, slow down boy.

"We don't even know each other, like at all, we've met twice - okay three times now - I only know  the G-eazy from the magazines and social media." I said, "Well, I'm giving you a chance to know the Gerald from Oakland."

Challenge. It is a challenge for me. Give him a chance. If I give him a chance, I'm giving myself a chance to finally have a normal relationship... but a relationship with a celebrity won't be normal.

"You are famous, surrounded by people that watch your every move."

"I wouldn't call myself famous, there is only a circle of people who like me and paparazzis... if you don't want them to know about us, they won't."

"A circle of millions of people." I mumbled. "That's true, but it does not change the fact that you're the only one for me."

Sweet talking me, I see.

"Are these the words that get you all the chicks?" I put on a fake smile, which made him clench his fist. "You are the first one." He mumbled.

"And I should believe you, because...?" I tilt my head to side.

For the rest of the evening we didn't talk about 'us' anymore.

We were just leaving the restaurant and he hold the door for me again, like the gentleman he is. "Thank you for the dinner, G."

"No, I'm the one that is thankful that you actually gave me a chance. So, thank you." He smiled and put his hand on my thigh.

"I love your crib." I laughed looking around. I wanted to protest when he missed the turn to my street, but I soon realized that there's no point in arguing with him. Like he proved me, he always gets what he wants, so he probably wouldn't listen to me anyway. "Thanks." He grinned and took my hand in his, taking me to God knows where. We soon entered his elegant looking living room.

"Tell me something about yourself." I told him as we sat down on one of the couches. "If I am to give you a chance I want to know as much about you as I can, the real you if you know what I mean."

____

My head is regularly lifted and the pillow is harder than it should be. I raised my head and realized that I'm hugging G. "Gerald?" I whispered. "It's way too early, go back to sleep." He mumbled.

So much for, 'I'm definitely not going to bed with you tonight'