Classes

Monday:

Morning.   :Basic Potions

Afternoon :Transmutation

Tuesday:

Morning     :Basic Herbology

Afternoon  :History of Alchemy

Wednesday:

Morning     :Essence manipulation

Afternoon  :Runology

Thursday:

Morning    :Demonology

Afternoon :Artificiology

Friday:

Basic potions/Demonology(Practicals)
Runology/ Basic herbology(Practicals)

It looked like they had to do a theory as well as a practical course. All the subjects were new to him,so he didn't bother with them any longer. It was for the Sinyk of tomorrow.Today, they were free.The remaining students all dispersed.Sinyk had  He and Zorcus spent the remainder of the morning exploring all the passageways with wondrous art,weird smelling classrooms, the gardens,the canteens, the storage unit with all kinds of things he had never seen before and the beast compound.

The guard shooed them off saying first year students required permission from a teacher to go inside.Similarly, the entry to the second and third floors was restricted to first years but by a much simpler method.

An invisible wall barred the way. Zorcus tried pushing it but to no avail.Finally the only thing left was the towers and library. Sinyk had wanted to see the library so after noting down what each tower was for they went to the library.

The boys could not believe their eyes at the sheer number of books. The entire throne room had been converted into the library. At the entrance,a giant statue of a beautiful woman seated with a book open on her folded legs greeted them.

Beyond that was a sea of tomes and scrolls arranged on rows and rows of bookshelves.Many library staff were all busy getting books or returning them back or arranging the books.One woman even offered to help them but on learning they were just to sightsee,she returned back to her work.

He doubted there was any topic outside of these walls that was not stored in the library. There was a book containing a thousand pages on different ways to cook porridge. He did not even know there was a second way to cook it.

As they browsed through,they came upon Helnik carrying a dozen books ranging from Advanced Purification to Denser Essense,A deep study. The boy was again wearing a black overcoat. Sinyk enquired about that, confused if he was in some sort of dare.

The older boy laughed at the comment saying that it indicated his status as an Adept. According to him, the first years were neophytes, the second years,Initiates, the third years Adepts. The professors who wore bottle green robes were all master rank alchemists.It seemed to attain master rank one had to specialise in one particular field of study.Similar to them,second years were supposed to wear white overcoats.He even suggested a tailor who sold them for a cheap price down at the city.

After some more chatting,during which one of the helpers chided them for disturbing the peace in the library,they parted. Zorcus's stomach was growling by the time they got back to dinner where he chomped down three whole man's worth food.

To the boys surprise, the pompous boy who had been flirting earlier with the twins joined them at dinner table, introducing himself as Venzazel Garth. The Venzazel family was one of the richest alchemists in the kingdom. No wonder he was arrogant. The whole dinner he explained why he was greater than the rest of them,ignoring Sinyk's introduction.Finally,he ended the conversation by asking the two boys to become his lackeys.When the boys refused politely,he became disappointed but continued his earlier speech anyway.