Prologue

Seventeen years ago...

"What do you mean there's a situation!?" He shouted, spit flying from his gritted teeth. Even in the shaking florescent lights, the angel remained to look like a warrior. His large, feathered wings snapped out in irritation. They shone a brilliant iridescent white as he moved around the large office. He was looking for something that wasn't there. It hadn't been there for a while. Without it, there was no other option except...

The button.

"I don't know what happened! I don't even know how he got into the system!" The man next to him shrieked frantically. They shared a look. "No, you can't...It's too dangerous! What if they find out?" The man whispered hysterically, shaking with the fear someone would find out. 

"Shut down everything. Kill anyone who knows anything about this. Make a good cover for me and tell the Yejquv that I was shot last week during the invasion. Show no mercy." 

The man just nodded and backed away as the angel slammed his hand down on the button he swore to himself he would never touch again. This was a time of need, Heaven was falling. 

...

The Veqlargh sat in the shadows, red was coating his grey, spindly hands as he ripped apart his dinner. He looked down at the body that was once a man. Now it was just a pile of sticky gore and pale, ivory bones. The Veqlargh licked his dried lips and prepared to feast. It had been much too long since his last human, he had been living on the small animals that taunted him with the freedom he had been so cruelly denied. But he never got to touch his meal, because he was summoned. To his anathema.