Chapter 8

I blinked twice to ensure what I had in front of my eyes was real. Yes. It was real.

I read the caption which said: 'Having you in my arms is the best feeling I can ever have.'

I smiled at the kissing couple in the picture. Yes, kissing. The girl was in a red bikini, Jason, in shorts. The girl had her hands holding the back of Jason's neck and he had his holding her naked waist while they kissed passionately. They were in a sea beach, probably in Australia. The blazing sun was present and the green tr-

I heard footsteps at the stairs. Shit. I started panicking and closed my eyes, without knowing what to do. The footsteps were getting closer and closer and closer...

"Jason! You forgot the pot of sugar," I heard Mrs. Watson's voice from downstairs and the steps stopped near Jason's room for a little while and finally made its way back down the stairs.

Phew!

Saved from death!

Without hesitation, I shoved my hand inside my jacket's pocket and there it was!

My weapon. My pen-drive!

I quickly inserted it to the laptop and with lightning speed, got my key to success, well, revenge, as in, the picture into the pen-drive. Shutting down the laptop, I rushed to his bed and sat there uncomfortably, with a devilish smile, waiting for my dear friend.

"Here's coffee for both of us," The door swung open and there stood the grinning jerk, Jason.

"Oh thankyou so much!" I said sipping the warm coffee, smirking and wondering his face after he would taste my sweet revenge.

"See you at school tomorrow," I said, waving at him as I left his house. He smiled at me and waved back.

I walked home with long strides, not being able to wait for the moment when I would upload it. Upload the picture, which I had risked my life to get.

"Blair!" mom called from the kitchen as soon as I entered my home sweet home

I entered the kitchen and grabbed an apple from the counter, "Yeah, mom?" I asked as I gave a big bite to my apple.

"How's school going?" She asked, washing her hands.

"Good," I replied.

"How about studies?" Was her question as she sat beside me at the counter.

"Awesome," I lied, getting off the counter and started walking to my room.

"Good to know," was the last thing I heard before rushing to my room.

I quickly opened my laptop and inserted my pen-drive in it. Transferring the photo into my laptop, I logged in to Google+. As soon as I pressed the "photo" button, my mind flooded with questions. Should I really upload it? Should I not? Wouldn't that be a bit too much? What if I hurt him? But no! I didn't care! Did he hesitate before uploading my picture? He didn't, so why should I?

I selected his photo and captioned it as "How many likes for this sensational couple? ;)"

Tagging "Jason W." In the photo, I finally uploaded it without hesitation.

I exhaled in relief. Finally! Finally I was done doing what I wanted to do.

Within a minute, I was notified- "10+ likes and comments on your post"

I smirked as I scrolled down through the comments which were posted by most of the students from our school.

_._._._._._._._._._

"Where did you get that from?" Victoria exclaimed, looking at the picture, for the 20th time now.

"Huh," I said, with pride, flipping off the hair dramatically from my face, "It was in the jerk's laptop."

"Did you see him today?" I asked as we sat on our usual table at the cafeteria.

"Nope," she said looking here and there.

We both started having our burgers and-

"Blair!" I turned to the direction of the voice, "We need to talk," with that, he left the cafeteria.

I followed after him to the field, having a lot of difficulties keeping up with his pace. He finally stopped near a tree.

"What did you do that for?" Jason asked, looking hurt.

"Weren't you the first one to upload my picture?" I protested.

"Upload this?" He held his phone's screen at me.

Oh. My. God.

A picture of a long bamboo...which meant he didn't upload that picture of mine.

Guilt rushed through my veins as I realized I had misunderstood him so badly. Why? What would've happened if I, for once clicked the picture open and saw what it really was about?

"I'm so sorry, I didn't-"

"She was my first girlfriend," he said with a broken voice.

"I'm sorry," I apologized, "Please say sorry to her as well,"

"She died a year back," He was in tears now.

I was dumbfounded. Totally dumbstruck. I felt like a murderer. A murderer who had just stabbed someone to death.

"I didn't expect this from you," tears rolled down his cheeks.

"I," I couldn't help the warm tears from escaping my eyes. "I'm so sorry..I'm so sorry...I'm so sorry.." I kept mumbling between sobs.

_____________________________________________

An emotional chapter, wasn't it?

I'm extremely sorry. I know I was about to update yesterday but I was really busy.

This long chapter is dedicated to Ariyana and Sazia ^.^

Hope you guys like it!

So, keep voting and comment on how you like my story!

Hugs and tears,

-Muskaan <3