Chapter 11

“Hey girls” I turn to see my mum walking towards the kitchen with a bag in her hand.

“Hey mum” I call at the same time kayleigh and Abby call “hey Karen.”

I smile at them and follow my mum into the kitchen. Peeking inside the bag before my mum turns around and catches me. “Curiosity killed the cat you know” she raises her eyes brow but I just smile at her and laugh.

“So what’s in the bag then?” I question her.

She shrugs “a few necessities, why were you expecting something?”

I shake my head. “No, but I was wondering if I could have some money for some pizza” I smile at her sweetly.

Rolling her eyes whistle she pulls put her purse, “yes, I take it them two are staying for a while then” I nod and she continue, “ok but you have to pay me back when you get paid I can’t keep on giving you money.” She frowns as she hands it over and I pull her into a hug.

“Thank you. I will pay you back tomorrow, as I get paid” she nods in reply and I walk away turning in the doorway to say “I love you mum, you know that.”

She looks shocked. I barely ever say I love you for no good reason, not since dad left. Her eyes light up and she smiles back at me “I love you two Jessie.”

“Ahhh, that was soo sweet” kayleigh teases me when I get back into the living room.

Kicking my feet at her before I sit down, “watch it kayleigh or no pizza for you and me and Abby will sit here and eat the whole lot.”

Her face drops and she looks momentarily horrified, as she knows I can eat a full pizza alone. Holding up her hands in surrender she whispers “im sorry, please don’t starve me.”

I snort and so does Abby. We’ve grown a lot closer due to the argument with kayleigh. She was the only one that would talk to me at school and she doesn’t annoy me as much anymore. As much, she still has her annoying moments.

I leave the two of them talking to go and order the pizza. The phone call is quick and they say it will arrive in about 20 minutes. I shut off my phone and walk back towards the living room when I hear a voice outside.

Frowning, I walk towards the door and press my ear against it.

“Just get the fuck away from here man, I don’t want anything to do with you and if you think im letting you near Jessie you’re crazier than I thought.” I hear Nathan’s deep voice through the door. Pressing my ear harder against it so I can hear better I hear a familiar voice reply “oh but Nathan, im not quite finished with her yet. I wasn’t really finished with you when you left but I won’t let another Evans leave before im finished with them and that’s a promise.”

I hear a grunt from the other side of the door; my best bet is that Nathan hit him. I hear another one and this time it’s a different tone. This one comes from my brother and so do all the following ones.

Panicked I glance around and my eyes land on an umbrella. It’s better than nothing so I grab it and fling my door open. There having a full on fight on the porch and from what I can see Nathans now winning.

That’s before he sees me. His eyes catch mine and he looks surprised, I distracted him for a second two long and that’s all Dan takes to get him on the grass.

I rush at them and pull him away from my brother. His back hits the grass hard and I see the shock in his eyes that I pulled him away. The boys a lot bigger than me and probably a lot stronger but im pissed and filled with adrenaline.