Chapter 04: Drip

Brooklet Hill. Located on northwest Akala Island, what used to be a granite mountain in ancient times has eroded over the ages to form a cluster of lagoons, packaged together within separate stone wells in a honeycomb pattern. Rainwater gathers at the apex, spilling down the fountain steps in waterfalls before finally converging into a mighty cascade that crashes into the ocean. Many rare water Pokemon make their homes in the pools and grassy paths that fill this miniature paradise.

Current Team:
Dartrix (Vero)
Charjabug (Gigabyte)
Alolan Grimer (Jaranga)

The roar of the rain pumped through my veins, drowning the thumps of my heartbeat. Up from above, it stared down at me. An abomination five times my size, sailing down the rain-battered wind.

ROOAAAAAAR.

"Lapras!" my voice flew before I could.

With a squeal, the Ride Pokemon slapped its flippers, propelling us barely out of the giant's path.

BOOM!

The water behind erupted like a geyser, birthing waves that tossed us far. Thank god for this Ride Wear. "Lapras, are you alright?"

The Ride Pokemon nodded and glared at the beast that had attacked us. It was half-submerged in the water now, its eyes above the surface, watching.

What in the world is that thing. Gritting my teeth, I reached for Vero's Pokeball.

"It's a Pokemon, alright!"

Glancing upwards, I found Lana, the blue-haired Trial Captain who had sent me on this quest. She was standing on the safety of the rock wall of the layer above, watching the creature with an uneasy gaze.

"When Wishiwashi find themselves in danger, they call for help from their schools and become those things! We should-"

But before she could finish, she was interrupted by a gigantic splash as the Wishiwashi dove beneath the waves.

"Well, as long as it's a Pokemon-"

I launched Vero into the air and Gigabyte onto my lap. Both had evolved during my adventures on Akala Island and now stood tall in their new forms – Dartrix and Charjabug.

Bubbles beneath.

"Out of the way!"

At my command, Lapras shot forward like a jet while Vero spun away in the other direction. The giant Wishiwashi pounced out of the depths, maw gaping. Lana leaped back as water slapped the edge of the cliff.

ROAAAAAAAR.

"Lapras, turn back! Vero! Giga!"

Vero darted between the rising waves and launched a barrage of Razor Leaf. Gigabyte leaped toward the creature, its body surging with yellow Spark.

Zap!

ROAAAAAAAR.

The giant Wishiwashi keeled backwards but before it could hit the water, it swung its tail and struck at Gigabyte, flinging the Bug Pokemon off course. Vero swooped away to catch its teammate.

BOOM!

The crash was so close to land this time that the resulting waves swallowed the path that lead up Brooklet Hill, devouring the grassy patches.

"Vero, throw Giga back over here! Lapras, I need you to-"

"Russ!"

But before I could react to Lana's shout, another sound caught my attention.