That Time Of The Month [Samuel X Somi]

The sun was shining brightly and the weather was perfect for an outing.

But that wasn't the case for Somi, she had that time of the month. 

Plus, she had a date with Samuel which they planned since last month. And he was looking forward to it because both of them had hectic schedules both overseas and within the country. Today is the only day both of them are free. 

"Okay. You probably won't look like a zombie tonight. Samuel won't notice." She convinced herself as she grabbed a hot pack from her cabinet. It was just heaven when she placed that there. 

"Som-- Woah" Daehwi, her best friend, was statued at her door frame for a few seconds.

"You look like a zombie right now" Daehwi chuckled at his best friend who was lying down at her bed with a hot pack and a bag of chips on her hands. She looked ill and at the same time a drug addict.

"Is it really that bad?" She emphasized that really. Because, she knows Daehwi, he reacts at every small detail.

"Trust me Som, you look like a beggar asking for food. You can't go out with Muel when you are looking like that. He'll dump you." Damn. She felt bloated too. She probably looks fat right now. She can't go tonight, she'll seriously be in pain when they eat at that fancy restaurant downtown. Some people might think that she didn't like the food.

"Ennik" Oh Shit. She can't look like that infront of Samuel. But of course, it was too late. Samuel is now standing beside Daehwi.

"Are you sure you're fine?" Samuel stepped closer to Somi, worried if she's sick.

"Don't worry Muel. She's just having that time of the month." Samuel looked confused. What did Daehwi mean 'that time of the month'?

"Are you really not feeling well?" Yes. She really looked like a zombie to him. But she was still pretty, at least for him. But Daehwi, that was looking at the whole situation, thought that the two were willing to sacrifice just to make the other happy. To people, it'd be romantic. But to Daehwi, it was pure idiotic.

"I can't ruin the date just because I have that time of the month" Samuel is more confused than ever before. Does he really have to go to google to search what that time of the month
means?

"That won't matter when you're in pain. I could cancel the reservations" Daehwi just rolled his eyes as he sees the two argue. I mean, they could always settle that problem of theirs any time. He just can't believe those two are fighting over such petty things like 2 year olds.

Daehwi left the room quietly. He just can't stand seeing those two going lovey-dovey. He wasn't bitter, he was just ampalaya.

On the other hand, the two lovebirds were still deciding weither they go or not.

"Okay, I admit, I really can't go out tonight. I feel like I'm in hell, Sam" Yup. The words she said were accurately what she was feeling.

"You want me to call the restaurant?" Somi nodded unsurely. She really didn't want to go out tonight. But this part of her tells her to go. Samuel was really looking forward to this date. He's been planning for a month. And the restaurant that he's about to cancel reservations was really hard to have reservations.

"I promise, I'll make it up to you Sam" Samuel smiled at his girlfriend laying in bed. He thought that she's really the one. Despite her being in pain, she still thought about how her boyfriend would feel.

He joined her in her bed.

"Don't be disgusted Sam, I haven't taken a shower" She said as she eats the crumbs of the chips she was eating awhile ago.

"Why?"  She stood from where she was before and headed straight to the fridge. When she came back, she was holding ice cream. He laughed at the cuteness of his girlfriend. He wished he'd see this cute scenery everyday.

"You'd probably smell blood anytime now" Her boyfriend chuckled and she wondered why he did.

"I won't, I promise" He hugged her tightly.

"Yah! My ice cream!" He forgot that his girlfriend was eating ice cream. It was on the floor now. Somi felt like crying, she had that saved for 2 weeks and it was spoiled. And Samuel noticed that. Yes, she's having mood swings.

"Don't cry! I'll buy you another one!" He tried to comfort his girlfriend. But you know you can't stop a girl's mood swings. She started crying like a baby wanting something to eat. He didn't know why, but he thought that his girlfriend was so cute.

"I really saved that ice cream!" Somi looked like a baby that just lost his favorite toy. He wanted to tease her even more.

"I told you I'm going to buy you another one" He said comforting his girlfriend. What he doesn't know is that nothing can cure a girl's  mood swings but food.

"I'll cook for you, just stop crying" He was already hugging the girl who was infront of him.

Somi, then suddenly stopped crying. Samuel has never cooked for her for the past 2 years that they started dating. He was horrible at cooking, especially on that meringue time segment on produce 101.

"Are you serious?" Samuel nodded which made Somi's face even brighter. She seriously looked like Rudolf with her bright red cheeks.  Causing him to pinch her nose because of a cuteness overload.

"Yey!" She stood up from the bed and headed for the kitchen. The 101 boys who were watching the situation felt sorry for Samuel. But Samuel on the other hand, was amused at the situation. He hasn't seen someone in mood swings.

He followed his girlfriend to the kitchen counter and started to look for ingredients he needed for cooking. To be honest, he didn't know what he was doing and he also isn't sure if he should feed his girlfriend with food that he cooks. He's just a pretty bad cook, he can't deny that.

He then decided to cook some kimchi jjigae for Chorong who had serious pain to her vital part.

He was almost finished with the cooking when lhe looked back at his girlfriend. She was currenly inhaling strawberries.

"That looks like you" Samuel said making Somi confused. What looked like her?

"You mean I look like this?" She said while raising the strawberry she was eating. Samuel nodded, confirming that she looked like what she was eating.

"We probably have the same genes." Somi whispered to her. Samuel laughed at his girlfriend.

The stew that Samuel made was done and he put it on a bowl and served it to Somi. She also served her a bowl of rice. The 101 boys that were watching felt sorry for Somi. They have tried Samuel's cooking and it was pretty bad. And they vowed never to make Samuel the cook ever again.

Samuel felt nervous as Somi fed herself a spoonful. He wanted that spoon to not enter his girlfriend's mouth. He wanted to stop Somi then and there. She'll probably be sent to hospital, not for her period's pain, but for food poisoning.

"It's good" Everyone was silent, didn't know what to say. Good? That was pure nonsense. Even his mom never wanted him in the kitchen because he causes a nuclear war there.

He ruffled his girlfriend's hair and chuckled. "You don't have to be nice. I know it's bad"

"No, I'm serious it's good" Everyone was confused. Samuel's cooking is good?

Everyone grabbed a spoon and started to dig in. At first they were hesitant, maybe Somi tricked them.

Everyones eyes widen. It was really good. Well, it wasn't as good as restaurants. But it was good considering that Samuel was known to be a bad cook.

"The doings of love" Daehwi said as he took another bite of the stew. Everyone laughed.

Indeed it was romantic that someone bad at cooking, tried to cook for his significant other.

It was indeed love.