Chapter Two

"You're late, Ms.Sasha."
     "Oh crap, I'm so dead..." Sasha thought. This teacher already didn't like her very much, and now she was late to his class.
     "Sasha, I will not tolerate this. Go to the principal's office. I will inform him that you will be visiting.
     "B-But-" Sasha began.
     "No "but's". Hurry along." And with that, her teacher waved her away.
• • •
     Sasha quickly walked to the principal's office. As she was walking down the hall, she heard footsteps ahead of her.
     Thinking nothing of it, she continued walking. As the footsteps became louder, she looked up, and before she knew it, she had collided head-on with the owner of the footsteps.
They seemed...familiar to Sasha, but she couldn't see the person's face so she could verify if she knew them.
Once she finally recollected her thoughts, Sasha looked up at the person, to find that it was....Jay?
"It's that boy from earlier...what was his name...Jay?" Sasha thought. "What are the odds that I'd literally run into him again?" She wondered.
"O-Oh gosh...I'm really sorry about that...Sasha...?" Jay said.
"The one and only." Sasha replied.
"It's kinda weird that I ran into you again...literally..."
"Heh. I was just thinking the exact same."
"W-Well, I really have to go now...see ya." And with that, he took off down the hall.
"Yeah, see ya." Sasha said, and waved him off.
"I do wonder where he's off to in such a hurry." She wondered aloud. "He seemed awfully anxious to get where he was going...I kinda wanna see where he's headed..." She said as she peered down the way he ran. "Well, it would definitely beat visiting the principal, but I would get in even more trouble than I already am...gah! Whatever! It's gonna bug me if I never find out." Then she ran down the hall after Jay.
She sprinted down the hallway, trying to catch up to Jay.
It didn't take long for her to make work of the short distance, and she quickly found him.
He was standing at a door, staring through the window.
Creeping up cautiously, she tried to see what he was looking at.
     Upon following his gaze, Sasha saw a dark mass outside. Jay seemed entirely transfixed by the mass. He was completely still, just staring, enthralled by this entity that appeared so captivating.
     Sasha finally regained her composure. She looked at Jay. His face was one of terror, and perhaps...amazement?
     She placed her hand on his shoulder hesitantly, and shook him gently to try and break him free from the spell he seemed to be under.
     He flinched, jumping to the side.
     "Hey, um, are you...you okay?...?" Sasha asked.
     "Y-Yeah..." Jay responded. Sasha wasn't sure she believed him, and he, himself, did not seem sure if the answer he gave her.
     "So, what is that...thing?" Sasha inquired. She had never seen anything like it.
     "I...I truthfully....have no idea, whatsoever..." Jay told her. "Wait, you can see it too?!"
     "We are talking about that big, dark, scary thing that's siting outside of our school, right?"
     "Yeah, that's the one."
     "What do we do?"
     "I'm not sure..."
     "Just what are you, Jay?" Sasha asked.
     "You tell me first. No normal person should be able to see these."
     "If I told you, you wouldn't believe me."
     "Try me." He said.
     Sighing, Sasha said, "I'm a Dragon, and not just a normal dragon either."
     "Is there really such thing as a 'normal' dragon?" Jay teased.
     "Hmph. Touché." Sasha responded.
     "So just what kinda new of dragon are you?"
     "The royal kind, that's what kind I am. I'm the dragon princess." Sasha told him, begrudgingly. "Now, what are you?"
     "I'm a vampire, and not just a normal vampire either~" Jay said, with a mocking tone.
     "Tch. Let me guess, you're the creepy, bloodsucking stalker that preys on little girls at night." Sasha replied with an edge to her voice.
     "Not quite." Jay began. "I'm a prince."