Chapter Three

"Is she okay?"

"She'll be fine."

I slowly open my eyes and a light fades in from a blur. I'm laying in a chair and there is a light above my head, attached to the chair. Kind of like the one in a dentist office. I look forward. I am in the nurse's office.

Just great, I think to myself.

I look to my left. Surprisingly, Hunter is sitting by my side. Why...? I think it's his fault I'm in here anyway.

"What are you doing here?"

"It's nice to see to see you too, dear," he says with sarcasm.

We exchange fake smiles. Then, the nurse comes over from working on the counter.

"Okay, Brigit, you're good to go."

"Okay, thanks, Miss Johnson. May I ask why I'm here."

"Actually, you gave yourself a bloody nose and a mild concussion. Luckily, this young man here carried you all the way to my office. How nice is he? Such a sweetheart," she says with a smile.

More like creep-heart, I thought to myself.

"Are you two friends?" Miss Johnson adds.

"Best." Hunter says. His sarcasm really irritates me.

I turn to him. "You know your jokes are very unnecessary. If you would stop, that would be ecstatic."

"My pleasure," I never actually looked at him before. Well, obviously, when I was giving my death stare, he was staring back at me. His eyes are brown, dark brown. Not that pale of a face. Jaws are not that bad. His hair is a light brown fixed up into a clean up do.

Hunter is also like me. He isn't popular, but everyone knows him. I don't have any classes with him though, that's why I didn't recognize him earlier. But, now I do. There's a lot of light in this room and everything I knew about him is coming back to my memory. Like I said, he isn't popular, but he portrays some of the attributes of one. He's stuck up, he's a player, he's a jerk.

Well, he was all those things, until a year ago. I think one of his friends died. Ever since then, he's been different. He doesn't talk to most of the people he used to and doesn't date as much girls. He's different. But he's still a jerk.

"So, I got all of that just for bumping my nose on a door?" I say.

"Yes, dear." says Miss Johnson.

Miss Johnson started to stare at me. She was smiling like she is now. Just then, Miss Johnson's face began to flash. Every time it flashed, there is a creepy image. It is like a zombie version of Miss Johnson. The flashing started to speed up. I started to see the zombie face more. I realize that it is almost identical to the creature that was on the train.

Then, the flashing stopped and Miss Johnson looked exactly like the creature on the bus. I was breathing harder than ever. She raises her hand, which has sharp green nails shooting from it. It is getting closer. My breaths are so quick and now my heart can't keep up.

"It's just a matter of time... it'll come, and soon be over. But when it does, you better be ready..." her voice is also raspy, but it is also...confident. Nothing like Miss Johnson's glasses-wearing, cat-loving, lonely self.

"Because we will show," she continues, "no mercy..."

Just then, she quickly rushed her hand though Hunter's stomach, the nails going all the way through. She smiles while doing it. As soon as it happens, I scream, hoping that she won't do the same to me. I close my eyes as I scream.