Arugment

Reyna's POV

"Anyone remember the way out?" Some boy asked.

"Can someone explain to me who you two are?" I asked, gesturing to two unfamiliar people; a boy and a girl.

"Name's Leah. This is Andy. We're Thia's friends." The girl explained gesturing to herself and the boy I. I had to admit I was surprised. I'd never seen either of them before.

"Next question what the hell are you doing here?" Thia had made a point of not saying anything. She was trying to go unnoticed but it wasn't working.

"I told her not to come." Thalia frowned. "She uh, didn't listen."

"I just wanted to help." This insisted, giving a small shrug as if it weren't a big deal only it was a very big deal.

It took ever ounce of my willpower to think before I spoke. There were dozens of things I wanted to say at the moment. She'd somehow managed to get here on her own and dragged two other people with her. I mean, I wasn't entirely surprised that she'd just willingly dive head first into danger considering it seemed to run in the family but that was exactly what worried me.

Thia wasn't well equipped, so to speak, to take care of herself in certain situations. She had no weapon with her and neither did her friends let alone protection. There wasn't a shield or piece of armor in sight. Not to mention she rarely fought. It wasn't something she enjoyed so her skills weren't decent enough to handle a situation like this. Maybe sparring was her favorite class but that's because she got partnered with the younger kids and could win based on age.

"Thia, you could have gotten yourself killed along with your friends," I sighed.

"We were fine! Right guys?" Thia looked at them expectantly. Andy held his hands up in a non threatening manner clearly not wanting to get involved and Leah pursed her lips flicking her eyes to the ground also taking the silent approach.

"You don't have the training to dive into situations like this," I explained, trying to help her grasp the stupidity behind her impulses.

"Of course I do. I can handle myself," she insisted.

"Where's your weapon?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. "Do you even have a shield. Did any of you actually come prepared?"

"Look, everything's fine. See? We can go back home and forget this ever happened." Thia gave a tentative smile.

"Not happening. Do you understand what could have happened to you?" I asked getting slightly frustrated by her eagerness to act as though nothing had happened.

Grover grabbed Thia's friends and mumbled something about looking around. I think he just sensed the tension behind the situation and was looking to avoid witnessing such a thing.

"Of course I understand but you're missing the point Mom. None of that stuff happened," Thia smiled, bouncing on the balls of her feet oblivious to what I was getting at.

"That doesn't mean it won't happen. Maybe it will next time or the time after that," Thalia interjected with an opinion of her own.

"Well I won't be doing it anymore because like I said, we can go home, and let someone else deal with this for the time being." Thia stopped her fidgeting for once.

"Thia you could have been hurt or worse. You could have died. And it's not like I could help you if you needed it." Just thinking of such things made a chill run down my spine. It was something I preferred not to think about. Thalia and I had been lucky in the fact that so far ,as Thia had been growing up, there weren't any problems that presented themselves where she was put in danger.