Chapter 2

The night went smoothly, and thank God I didn't drop any plates or glasses. George helped me a lot with the table and made Ella go and take a picture with the band once they were getting up to leave. I think her heart exploded when she got to a man with bleached blonde hair covered in tattoos and piercings, it was quite a cute exchange.

However, they had not left yet as they were all paying for their food with the assistance of George. It was closing time and they were the last here. My mother had her velvety purple coat on and woolen scarf, and my father appeared with his black jacket and phone out. Probably speaking to someone.

"Isabella, we are leaving. You must lock up tonight. Please join us for dinner tomorrow night, your father has some news." Mother looks a little guilty, like she has been struck with whatever my father wants to tell me.

"Sure, I'd love to." I gulp after a few seconds and glance towards my father who is out of earshot. His phone pressed tightly to his cheek as he rushes to get words in with whoever is on the line with him.

"Goodnight sweet girl." Mother coos, before grabbing fathers arm and pulling him through the entrance.

I wonder what they want to tell me, is there a death in the family? A marriage? Or maybe something is wrong with someone.. I ponder all of the options for a small amount of time, going to various tables to clean them, making sure no food stains or markings aren't left on the wood.

"Isabella right?" A deep voice makes me jump and turn around instantly, and I'm met with striking grey eyes and the same long black hair as before.

"Yeah, is everything okay?" I ask, a smile lightly gracing his lips as his eyes swipe over mine and around my face.

"Uh yeah, I just wondered if you wanted to maybe go get a drink sometime?" Smooth.. real smooth.

"Why not?" I grin, taking my apron off and holding it in my arms. "It's Will isn't it?"

He nods and grins back at me, almost smugly. "How about I message you and we'll arrange it?"

After we exchange phone numbers, he and his big group full of people having little conversations in between everyone leave. Which meant that me, Ella and George were left to finish the cleaning and then go home for a good nights sleep.
Will is a very handsome man, I don't usually go for the whole rockstar look with men but it suits him really well, his hair is just past his shoulders and his face is incredibly smooth looking. He's just perfect looking, I can see why Ella likes the band. They're all beautiful.

But what would he want with a girl like me? Her hair looking flat as she works tirelessly to cover her rent, having to live of the supermarkets own branded food because it's the cheapest there is.
Her eyes always dull because nothing good in her life has ever happened, wearing awful old clothes that don't suit my body anymore.
I just don't get why.
But hey, it's only drinks right?

"Bella, do you want to go and I'll lock up? You look exhausted." George asks, running his fingers through his quiff and smiling down at me.
"Are you sure? Because that'd be great!" I sigh.

"Of course, go home and get some rest on your day off!"

I bid goodbye to Ella and George and take off in my car, back down the winding roads in the dead of night.
My parents are quite strict parents, they believed that when I was eighteen they would stop funding me for things, and so after my birthday I had to get a job and pay for all of my food, clothes, trips out, transportation and I even had to pay them £270 of rent a month, and along with that I saved for University and was really good with handling my money. It just meant that I had no friends or free time.