∇9/∇1O

Please take the time out to vote for this chapter real quick. :) I would really appreciate it, ya'll!

"Projects tow up,
Gang signs get thrown up,
Cocaine laced in marijuana...
...Imagine if your first blunt had you foamin' at the mouth."
-Kendrick Lamar.

Deonté

I stood still in the living room. Shit slowly, but surely began to make sense and put itself together in my head. I had been smoking crack for the past week and a half. The worst part of it? I already wanted more.

"Crack." I mumbled. "You said crack?"

"And cocaine." Her shocked expression had matched mine. "I can't believe this.." She dusted the rocks off her hand completely and began walking to the back of the house, where the bathroom was. "We need to take you to the clinic, Deonté." She said as she disapeared into the lightly dimmed atmosphere. I heard the sink turn on.

"I know..." I sighed, and began itching my skin. "I can't believe this shit either..." I murmured to myself, low enough for only my ears. How was I going to get into Florida State with this shit in my system? Did that mean I was a  crack head now?

The jokes we all made about someone looking like a crack head hadn't seemed more realer for me.

Talisha came rushing out with a fresh towel in her hands. "Come on." She said, as she walked passed a in-shock me. I couldn't move. She took my hand, and lead me upstairs. We walked into my room, and she directed me on my bed. Talisha reached into her pocket and began to dial a number into her phone. I sat on my bed, silent. Dead silent. I starred at the wall ahead, and took deep breathes. I slowly closed my eyes.

"Hello? Vixen?"
What's gonna happen to my ass?

"This is Talisha. I'm with Deonté."
I'mfuckin' wreck.

"Yeah. He right here. He can't talk right now. But I need you here right now."
It's all my fault.

"I think you need a see what happened for yourself... Get here as soon as possible."
I can't feel my fingers.

"Tell the teacher that its a family emergency. Because It is. "

Vixen

"I'm on my way." I had already been gathering my Trigonometry books and had stuffed them into my duffel bag. Eyes had already been lookin' over me, but I continued to prepare to leave.

"Um? Mr. Vixen? Is there an issue that you need to attend to?"

With my phone to my ear with Talisha on the other line, I nodded. I zipped my duffel bag up and stood to my feet. "I'm gonna be up there in 15." I whispered to her.

"What's the issue here?" Mister Landing had halted his class to ask me again.

"Family emergency." I just told him, without enough time to explain. My homeboy needed me.

"Okay. I hope everything turns out well." Mister Landing told me, right before he turned back to his lesson on calculations of interest. See, one thing that I liked about this school is that they respected your personal life. They ain't ask questions, but let you leave as soon as possible. I heard around that a girl got a call in class that her mother had died of cancer that morning, and the other principal, Mister Pullens, had driven her right up there to the hospital.