Chapter Three: So far, so good?

As I fell into the world of dreams. I couldn't shake the uncontrolled feeling that something very very bad was going to happen. "soon" a voice thought in my head. That thought slipped away as soon as my conscious did. Dreams, or rather nightmares grasped onto me with black claws. They ripped at my clothes. Ripping open my skin and exposing my insides. This was my nightmare. Screams of agony punched at my eardrums, and in my view was a sight that no man, women, or child would ever want to see; bodies around me burnt to a crisp, screams coming for nowhere, but at the same time everywhere. Terror rushed through me. I tried to run, to no avail. My feet were stuck. They would not move. I panicked as smoke ate at my eyes and made me tear up. I tried to fight my fear, but he smoke got thicker and the screams louder. A raven haired girl emerged from the smoke, whispering something inaudible. Then it all stoped. The noice ceased and the smoke, the smoke and fire was gone. It was over. I forced myself out of my unconscious state. I sat up in my bed, panting, sweat drenched my body, leaving my clothes damp and sticky. A pain streaked through my back. It was almost unbearable. I couldn't see, but I put my hand where I felt pain and felt a dripping liquid. Blood. I dragged myself to the bathroom. I washed my face with cold water. I checked my back in the mirror to see three scars that were still wet with blood. They looked like claw marks. The claws that ripped my skin open, the ones that forced me into the place that I had grown to known as hell. I bandaged my back up, and tried erasing the memory. One thing that was left in the back of my mind was be raven haired girl that I saw coming out of the smoke. I remember seeing her lips moving, but hearing no sound come out of her mouth. I looked on the mirror at myself. My hair was a mess. It looked as if I hadn't slept in days; my face was a sickly white and my eyes were red, and blood shot. A sudden wave of exhaustion washed over me. My body grew heavy and tired. I rejected it, not wanting to go back to sleep. Walking into the kitchen, I made myself a cup of coffee, and put extra sugar in it to keep me awake. I then trudged back to my room, turned on my lamp, pulled out my sketchbook, and started drawing to keep myself from falling asleep.

{Time Skip - Two weeks later.}

Two weeks have passed. Nothing has happened... I'm beginning to think that my life may be going back to normal. I was tired of all the shit that had been happening, so I about a week ago I did a chant and lit some sage. That was supposed to ward off evil spirits. I think it might have worked! I still haven't slept in a long time. I'm afraid that the sights will find their way to me somehow again. I stay up drawing or reading, or whatever to keep me from falling asleep. But since things are going good so far, and I am really tired, I think I will try and sleep again tonight.

Sorry about the short chapter!!!