Getting to Know Him

"Favorite color?" he asks, giving me a vicious smile.

"Really? Favorite color? Damn Danny, I can see how you don't have any friends," I tell him and laugh at my joke.

"Haha very funny," he fires back dryly clearly butthurt from my statement.

"Blue" I respond trying to not maintain eye contact with him, his hazel eyes were captivating, I let my hair out of the ponytail to be able to shield my crimson face from his gorgeous eyes.

"Mine is dark green, you know like forest green" he explains excitedly, I nod my head not knowing how to act, this was slowly becoming awkward and I felt my eyes shift towards the door as if waiting to finally dash out.

Danny looked unbothered he held his head up high with so much confidence that it almost felt contagious. His smile never wavered and he kept looking at me directly in the eyes. Out of absolute nervousness, I felt my fingers play my hairband that was religiously on my right hand.

"Favorite band?" he asked again looking like he was studying me.

"Well, that's a tough one. Do I have to pick one? That's absolutely ridiculous it's like picking who you love more mom or dad. No, I love them equally. Don't judge my choices or I'm going to leave right now. I love Coldplay, The Script and don't laugh at my last favorite band: The Jonas Brothers. I mean how can I not love them, I loved them when I was a little girl and now that they reconnected my childhood dreams seem surreal," I blubber out, not breathing between sentences.

Music for me was always something I leaned upon. When I was upset it was there to calm me down, when I was happy it was there to help me celebrate, and when I was lonely it was the only thing I needed to feel as if someone else understood.

"The Jonas Brothers? As in Kevin, Nick, and Joe?" Danny started laughing. I glared at him.

"Why are you laughing Danny? You seem well informed about the boys, do you have a secret crush on them? Are you a Sucker for them?" Now it was my turn to mock him. The Jonas Brothers were a large part of my childhood, I loved them.

"Shut up. I have a younger sister, ok?" he hissed out, sounding defensive all of the sudden.

"Hey I'm not judging you, it's totally Cool that you like them. Please, don't Hesitate for my sake. I Believe we are only Strangers, after all, you are Only Human. Don't let me stop you from expressing your love for them," I try to hide my laugh as I incorporate Jonas Brothers songs in between my sentences.

"Katie you suck," he says as he glares at me. I only let out a small laugh.

"Okay, I'm sorry no more teasing. Just know you don't have to Push Me Away," I tell him while smiling ear to ear.

"It's Pushin' Me Away," Danny corrects me, making me start laughing as if there is no tomorrow.

"Danny you aren't helping your case, you moron" I laugh again. Danny squints his eyebrows as if he's in deep in thought.

"Did you just quote "Animal House" ?" He asks. I stare at him shocked that he got the reference. It was grandfather's favorite movie which I was forced to watch with him several times a day. I nod looking impressed.

"Ok favorite book?" he asks, trying to change the subject of his favorite bands.

"I don't have just one, there are several: The Things They Carried, Wuthering Heights, Pride and Prejudice, and of course The Three Musketeers," I explain. Books were something I enjoyed spending time ob and these were my classic favorites.