Chapter 2 Part 6

We've been driving for over thirty minutes now. For some reason, I'm not scared. The fear has seemed to be overcomed by irrtability.

"You can at least tell me where you're taking me..." I say to Freddie.

He doesn't answer me. He's just driving.

"No?" I say. "Perri's going to track me down anyway. So enjoy wasting your time."

"Just shut up." Freddie says.

So I keep quiet for the rest of the ride. The place he takes me isn't run- down or hidden. It's a house...probably his.

He parks behind it and opens the door, untying my hands which were behind my back. The rope cut my finger as I tried to get out of it.

"I'll plaster that up when we get inside..." He says, helping me out.

"Why?" I say.

He shrugs. He still has the mask over his face. His house is ordinary. If he's not going to hurt me, why did he kidnap me?

He sits me down on the couch and wraps my finger up. I look up at him but he's looking down.

"Freddie....what have you turned into?" I whisper.

He completely ignores me.

"Remember the old days? We used to be friends." I say, trying to blink away the tears quickly.

It's so sad seeing people turn into this.

"What....what about Lucy?" I say.

He immediately stops what he's doing.

"That's enough now." He says, his voice turning harsh. "I won't hurt you if you keep quiet."

I swallow hard.

"Hopefully, we can stay away from the police..." He says. "And I have you hostage, so I can always threaten."

Seriously?

"That is the stupidest plan I've ever heard." I say.

He turns back and forces me against the end of the couch.

"I said.....keep quiet!" He shouts. "You hear me?"

I'm trying to look over the pain as it's hurting me.

"Of course. I just don't understand. What's the point of keeping me here?" I say.

"That's it." He says, bringing a knife out of his pocket and placing it at my neck.

"I swear I'll kill you now..." He says.

"Oh, you don't have the guts!" I exclaim. "Try your worst!"

He just forces me harder.

"You don't have this in you! I expected so much more from you! You were like a brother to me....it breaks me to see you behave like this!" I say. "Put the bloody knife down!"

"No." He says, firmly.

Come on, Ambs.

I kick him hard. Very hard and force him to the ground. I take the knife that was in his hand and bend it all the way till it's at a ninety degrees angle.

"Stop. All this. Now." I sigh, letting go of him.

What have I done? He's going to kill me now for sure. He gets up now and sits back down.

"Freddie?" I say, sitting down next to him.

I think I've finally gotten to him.

He takes a gun out of his other pocket. Crap.