Chapter 4 (The Change)

The Intern

Chapter 4

The Change

...Lillie's POV...

Months, weeks and days passed since I last saw him. I hated the idea of being away from him for too long and yet that was what happened. Yes for him I was only a friend but for me he was so much more. I loved him and had loved him since day one. Lou offered me a job with the lads when she got the news about being pregnant and I said yes at the time. I thought that meant I would see him soon again, but here I am, still at home, too far away from the man I loved. Yet the excitement of seeing him in two weeks made me go through it all. I longed to see his long curls frame his face and the way his green orbs shone in the sunlight. God, he meant so much to me no one would understand.

Anyways, as the day went on I did the laundry, cleaned the apartment I bought after graduating and to my surprise my phone rang. It hadn't for days. I picked it up, reading Harry's name off of the display. The corners of my mouth curled up in a smile and I loved the way just seeing his name made me feel.

"Hey, munchkin" I said through the phone as I answered.

"Hey there Lils" His voice was so deep and calming. I sat down on to the sofa as I knew this phonecall would last a long time.

"So everyting's fine with you? I miss hanging out with you" He said and the smile that my lips was wearing grew.

"Yes, everything fine, actually moved away from home. Living in London is a handful to get used to" I said and his laugh rang in my ears.

"So you're in the same city as me then, why haven't you told me?" He said and I could only feel some part of me telling me to lie.

"I just didn't want to bother you, love" I said and I could hear him sigh at the other end.

"Really, Lil? You're never bothering you. You're my best friend come on, what's your address? I'm coming over" He said and my smile grew even bigger, if that now was possible.

"Primrose Street 7" I said and with that we said our goodbye's and I started to panic. My flat looked like a mess, God I looked like a mess.

I decided on making myself look pretty before the flat, I mean he's probably used to live in a mess in the tour busses. No big deal.

Half an hour later I was done with looking presentable. The flat was still in very need to be cleaned but who cared.

*Harry's POV*

I stood outside of her flat, man it was proper and nice. I still hesitated on ringing the doorbell, what if I rushed her into this and she actually didn't want me here. Fuck that Harry, she's you're best friend for fucks sake. She'd love to have you here. Now man up.

I rang the doorbell and not long after the door was opened, her beautiful face glowing as she smiled warmly at me. Her blue eyes shining as she talked.

"Hi there you" She said as I just wrapped her up in a hug.

"God I missed you puppet" I said as her arms wrapped around my neck.

"Yeah, long time no seen" She said and I just couldn't help but to laugh at her, she was so cute. "Come on in"

I stepped inside, taking in the loving smell of her, the whole flat smelled like her. It smelled like home to me, still I would never confess that to her. A few pieces of clothing was laying around and her shoes all over the hallway floor but I liked the way she didn't bother of making everything look unnatural for me. That just showed she was comfortable, still my house looked like this all the time. I laughed a little to myself and tried to contain my excitement as I finally felt her presence again.