Chapter 4: Terrifying Spiritual Power

She won’t see me? No time???

Nancy’s brain almost stopped working. He stared at the maid, and she wordlessly stared back timidly. The maid wouldn’t dare to tell a lie. Then, did that mean that airhead who was crazy about men really said that? Why? How was that possible?

Nancy’s brain was filled with question marks. He was prepared to be bugged by that disgusting woman, but what was this situation? She was busy?

“Your Miss doesn’t have the time? She’s very busy?” Nancy asked doubtfully.

“Miss has started studying recently, and the Duke has invited the scholar Camille to teach her.” The maid blushed while she answered. Camille, the famous young scholar of the capital, was not only intelligent and graceful, but also handsome.

What? Nancy was even more astonished. Everybody knew that the foolish Miss was ignorant and incompetent, acting like a joke everywhere she went. Later, the Duke had even forbidden her from attending royal banquets because of this. But now, she was actually studying?

At this moment, a series of footsteps came sounded from the entrance.

“Your highness, haha, welcome!” The one who entered wasn’t just anyone, but Gordan.

“Your grace.” Nancy stood up politely. Even the emperor himself had to be somewhat respectful before the powerful Duke Gordan, not to mention a prince like him.

“I, I am here to visit Miss Claire.” Nancy said, looking a bit uneasy, “But, it seems like Miss Claire is preoccupied.”

“Oh? Preoccupied?” Gordan asked, a bit surprised. He turned to face the maid next to Nancy. “What’s going on? What is Claire doing?”

“Your grace, Miss is currently, currently reading in the greenhouse.” The maid replied in a quiet voice.

“Oh. Your highness, please follow me, haha. Let’s stop to drink some afternoon tea casually.” Gordan laughed cheerfully.

“Thank you, sir.” Nancy nodded while smiling and followed the Duke. You couldn’t afford to offend this energetic old man. He controlled over half of the army, and his grandson, Eric Hill, was the captain of the Griffin Squad, which protected the royal family directly.

Nancy marveled at the scene in the greenhouse. In a sea of beautiful flowers sat a beautiful young girl with shimmering gold hair. She sipped the black tea leisurely, and upon finishing it, placed the teacup down, laid back on the rocking chair, and started reading a book while swaying gently back and forth. It was beyond the point of relaxing.

This was her definition of “no time”? The corner of Nancy’s mouth quivered.

“Claire~” Gordan saw in a glance the book Claire was holding. It was about Human Geography; more accurately it was about the Hill family’s fiefdom. This child of his was genuinely learning! Gordan felt very satisfied.

“Grandfather.” Claire immediately stood up and saw the nearby Nancy. She bowed slightly. “Greetings, your highness.”

Nancy suddenly seemed lost. This girl before him, the expression in her eyes! As icy as glaciers, as profound as the darkest of nights. Indifference, this was absolute indifference.

“Oh, oh.” Nancy returned back to his senses, replying, “Um, do you feel better now?”

“Many thanks for the second prince’s concern, I am fine,” Claire replied quietly with a smile.

“Have a seat, have a seat.” Gordan was in a merry mood. He signaled everyone to sit down and ordered the maid to bring some tea.

The three had some small talk. Originally, Gordan had hoped to have dinner with the second prince, but since he himself also had business to take care of, he dropped that plan.