Chapter Three

1 Month Later

Abby, Jacob, Harbor, Blair and I are sitting at the table for breakfast. For the past month, I've been coming over here to help with Blair and keep Harbor company. "Little one do you want some pancake?" I ask cutting up some pancake for her. Blair nods and reaches for my plate. I put a tiny bit of syrup on the small pieces and give it to her. She frantically shoves the food in her mouth. "Slow down little one, I don't want you to choke," I look up to see everyone staring at me. "May I help you?" I say with a mouthful of pancake. Harbor laughs.

"Nothing you are just really good with her. I like it," Harbor holds my hand under the table. Feeling a rush of energy go through me from her touch, I smile and rub her knuckle with my thumb. When she touches me I feel alive and lightweight, as if Im flying. It's amazing. It's too soon but I want to marry this girl. I want to be a father to Blair. I need these girls in my life, these beautiful girls give me a reason to wake up in the morning. 

"I'll try," I shrug one shoulder and squeeze her hand gently. "We have school tomorrow," I groan.

"Ugh! I don't want to go. Can I please stay here with you two and be happy," Harbor lays her head on the table while she fake cries. I pat he head while grinning.

"No honey that's a good school I pay a lot for you to go there," Her dad says sternly.

"Do you want to go to the mall today with Blair and I? Please, mama?" I look at Blair and she throws the pancake at my face. What is up with her and throwing things in my face?

"Oh please. I need it. I need to go to the mall, please. You are my hero," Harbor lays her head on my shoulder.

"Well I'll go get Blair washed and dressed. We don't want her going as a naked baby do we?" I tickle her and she laughs and screams. "Say mama I'm gonna get a bath!"

"Mama," Blair points to Harbor and smiles.

"Yes I'm your mama!" Harbor picks her up and spins her around. Blair's head falls back in laughter. "Say Tucker go give me a bath while mama picks up," Blair reaches for me while Harbor walks away.

"Daddy," Blair screams. I stop in my tracks and look at Blair she is clapping her hands and squealing. "Daddy," I look at Harbor. She looks so stunned. Abby and Jacob are stunned as well.

"Just go Tucker," Harbor shoos me off with her hand. I swallow and nod slowly walking up the stairs. I take Blair's diaper off and throw it away them place her in the tub. I wash her hair and body then rinse.

"I hope someday maybe I can be your daddy. That way I can provide for you and your beautiful mama. I can help keep those boys away from you. Cause for sure little one you are going to be a heart-breaker when you grow up" Blair looks at me smiling as if she knows and understands exactly what I'm saying. "Let's get you dried off," I drain the tub and wrap her in a towel laying her on Harbors bed. I quickly grab a cute outfit from her room and a diaper the head back to the room. I put Blair's diaper on and dress her in a purple dress that has white flowers on it printed. "You are pretty girl Blair Moore" I kiss her forehead and pick her up. I see a guitar in the corner and start playing one of my favourite songs by Ed Sheeran I sing to Blair and she looks at me in awe.

Give me love like her

'Cause lately I've been waking up alone
Paint splattered teardrops on my shirt
Told you I'd let them go
And that I'll fight my corner
Maybe tonight I'll call ya
After my blood turns into alcohol
No, I just wanna hold ya

Give a little time to me or burn this out
We'll play hide and seek to turn this around
All I want is the taste that your lips allow
My, my, my, my, oh give me love