Ready?

Hey everybody! 

Welcome to Wattpad Writers Quidditch (as you have probably heard quite a bit already). It's Winnie, the first founder of this account.  The spots currently available are listed under the profile description. If your desired spot is unavailable, you are still welcome to apply! Alternate positions are also available. 

I appreciate everybody's reads, votes, and follows.

Let's begin with the basic team requirements:

~All team members must be between age thirteen and seventeen by October 1 of the applying year. Technically, all members of Wattpad are supposed to be at least thirteen years of age, but...that's not really my business to meddle in. If you are a first or second year, you are still more than welcome to spectate.

~Keep cussing to a moderate level in your writing and comments. A little cussing is okay, but it is preferred that your work does not consist of 40% swear words.

~All team members must submit an application. 

~Renewed team membership is not guaranteed besides for captains. However, once you are part of the account, you will remain a part of it forever.

~Should you be inactive for more than 92 days (3 months or 13 1/2 weeks), you will be removed from the team and be replaced with an alternate. 

~There is a maximum of two captains per team (one senior captain and one junior captain, equalling eight overall captains). All captains must be fifth year or higher. Captains work together to finalize the team each year and to determine the next season's captains.

~If you meet the aforementioned qualities, you are more than welcome to apply!

~(More may be added at any time)

What is Quidditch?

For those of you that already know, then feel free to skip this part. 

"Quidditch is a wizarding sport played on broomsticks. It is the most popular game among wizards and witches, and, according to Rubeus Hagrid, the equivalent to Muggles' passion for football.

The object of the game is to score more points than your opponents. Each goal is worth ten points and catching the Snitch is worth one-hundred fifty points. The game ends when the Snitch is caught or an agreement is reached between the captains of both teams. Some games can go on for many days if the Snitch is not caught (the record, according to Quidditch Through the Ages , is three months)." ~via harrypotter.wikia.com

(Watch the video, it should help).

Rules of Quidditch:

1. Players must not stray over the boundary lines of the pitch, although they may fly as high as desired. The Quaffle must be surrendered to the opposition if any player leaves the boundary (it is unknown what the penalty is if a player on defence leaves the pitch).

2. "Time out" may be called at any time by the Captain of a team. Time out may be extended to two hours if a game has already lasted for more than twelve hours. Failure to return to the pitch after this time will lead to the team being disqualified.

3. Penalties can be awarded to teams by the referee. A single Chaser may take the penalty by flying from the central circle towards the scoring area. The opposing team's Keeper may attempt to stop the shot being scored, but all other players must not interfere (it is unknown if the Seeker may still attempt to catch the Snitch while a penalty is being attempted).

4. Contact is allowed, but a player may not seize hold of another player's broomstick or any part of their anatomy.

5. No substitution of players is allowed throughout the game, even if a player is too injured or tired to continue to play. (Note: According to Goblet of Fire, during the Quidditch World Cup, at some point it lasted for days, and the players had to be switched out so that they could get some sleep).

6. Players may take their wands onto the pitch, but they must not be used on or against any players, any players' broomsticks, the referee, any of the four balls, or the spectators.

7. A game of Quidditch will only end once the Golden Snitch has been caught, or at the mutual consent of both team Captains.

8. Only the Keeper can block quaffle shots thrown by the opposing team.

More information can be found at harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/quidditch

Background:

These stories occur in a NextGen alternate universe. So, everything that happened up until the Battle of Hogwarts happened, but the characters ended up differently with different kids. The people on this acccount and our friends! Also, the characters that died in the last novel did not neccessarily die in this world (if that makes sense).

For your parenthood, you can choose one of these ships or create your own out of characters that aren't on this list, if you would like:

~Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley

~Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger

~Neville Longbottom and Luna Lovegood

~George Weasley and Angelina Johnson

~Bill Weasley and Fleur Delacour

~Nymphadora Tonks and Remus Lupin

~Draco Malfoy and Astoria Malfoy

~Cho Chang and ?

~Oliver Wood and ?

(This list can go on.)

Maximum of eight children per set of parents. Once somebody creates a ship for their parents and they are accepted on the team, the ship will be added to this list and anybody new cannot change it. (I'm sorry, but it would just make more sense that way for story purposes.)

What happens on the team?

Well, obviously, the team hasn't been completely set up yet. Any suggestions for activities are always open. But, here are the main ideas of team activities so far:

~Books chronicling your own daily adventures of Hogwarts house! All stories will be written in first person and may include adventures amongst your own friends (often made up) or include other team members on this account (collabs or "roleplays converted into stories"). Quidditch practices and games based off of the group roleplays may be included in the stories from a completely first person point of view (using the roleplay as a basis of the actions). 

~Games and practices take place in roleplay form before being converted into a story. Practices should occur weekly and games occur at least once a month, once the season begins and will occur as followed:

1st Match: - Gryffindor vs. Slytherin; First/Second weekend in November

2nd Match: -Hufflepuff vs. Ravenclaw; Third/Fourth weekend in November

3rd Match: -Ravenclaw vs. Slytherin; Third/Fourth weekend in February

4th Match: -Gryffindor vs. Hufflepuff; First/Second weekend in March

5th Match: -Slytherin vs. Hufflepuff; First/Second weekend in May

6th Match: -Gryffindor vs. Ravenclaw; Third/Fourth weekend in May

~Scores for each match will be posted in this book to determine who wins the house cup. Go Lions/Serpents/Badgers/Eagles!

~These group roleplays could either occur on Google+ or in a seperate Wattpad book (Google+ sounds better, but not everybody has an account).

Hopefully this wasn't too confusing!