Chapter 3- The Tutor

"Elizabeth, are you listening?!" I snap my fingers, waking her from her trance. My eyes follow the direction of which she was staring. Cameron. I roll my eyes.

"If I can't date nerds, you can't either!" I laugh.

"Wait, you like Matt?!" She whispers.

"No!" I laugh.

"Okay, you scared me for a minute!" She laughs.

The bell rings and we make our way to English class, the only class I sit next to Matthew. I place my stuff by my chair and realize I forgot my pencil case at home. Crap!

Well, desperate times call for desperate measures...

"Matthew, can I please borrow a pencil? I'll give it back at the end of the day!" I beg.

He sighs and rummages through his pencil case before handing me a pencil.

"Thank you," I smile, unsure of what his problem is.

* * *

At lunch all day Trisha talked about herself and everyone else in the school, as usual.

We're sitting in science class now, which is taught by our homeroom teacher.

"Class, I'm going to hand out your report cards," she smiles. Crap!

* * *

"What do you mean you don't know how it happened?!" My mother yells at me.

"Mom, I don't know! I just suck at math!" I scream back, pacing.

"Stop pacing!" She shouts. I sigh.

"If you're done yelling at me, I'm going back to my room!" I snap and turn on my heels, towards my bedroom.

I sigh and text Lizzy.

Clarissa: Got a C in math!

Elizabeth: Boo!

Clarissa: Thanks for the support babe ;)

Elizabeth: Any day ;)

I sigh and tuck my phone under my pillow and drift off to sleep. I dream of braces and sparkling chocolate brown eyes.

"Clarissa!" My mother wakes me.

I sit up and see my mother and father standing in my doorway.

"What?" I ask.

They exchange glances and my mother sighs. "We've hired you a tutor."

"Wait, what?!" I snap, "Mom! That'll ruin my reputation!" I whine and throw my head back, throwing a pillow over my face to muffle my screams. My mother and father close the door. They didn't tell me who my tutor was!

I walk out into the living room, "Mom, who is my tutor?"

"Matthew," she says. "Matthew Espinosa." Great!