sweet things; carol and cuddles

just saying the stuffie looks like carol from 'where the wild things are' so im naming it carol

dan whined around the thermometer as phil checked his temperature. "i know, baby, you dont feel well." phil sighed.

he was right about dan getting sick.

the thermometer beeped and phil bit his lip; 102.6.

he took the thermometer out and wiped it on his shirt then put it away.

"daddy, dan's is co'd." dan mumbled as he pulled on the blanket. "do you want the hoodie?" he asked. dan nodded, but whined when phil got up. "don' go!" he whined.

phil sighed, but nodded. he picked dan up and sat him on his hip, then walked upstairs. "im going to sit you down now, okay? just for a second." phil said. dan meekly nodded and sat silently as phil got the green hoodie; the hoodie that dan always wanted when sick.

"here you go, princess." phil smiled and helped dan put it on, taking the stuffed animal out of the pocket.

he carried dan back downstairs and sat him on the couch. "are you hungry?" phil asked. dan shook his head, cuddling his head further into phil's side. phil sadly smiled and wrapped dan in the duvet he got off the bed prior.

dan felt absolutely horrid. he had livid bags under his crimson lined mocha eyes and his once pale cheeks were now a radiant colour of puce pink. the feeling of sickness and dysphoria showered him, it was obious he was physically unwell.

he was cold, but when he got too hot, he would begin to gasp out a terrible cough and immediately take a layer off, only to resume being chilly again.

his hair, to him, was the worst. he was always a tad bit self-conscious of anything remotely wrong with his hair, and oh boy was it wrong. his curls were damp with sweat, out of place, and sticking to his forehead. he despised it, really.

he whined in uncomfortability. he wanted a bath. a nice hot bath, just soaking in bubbles, washing his sweaty chestnut locks, and hopefully feel a little decent afterwards.

"daddy, dan want a baf..." he whined as he kicked his duvet off, body radiating body heat.

"okay, baby boy, calm down. i'll give you a bath." he smiled. dan looked up at his through his matted eyelashes, eyes watery from his fever and a strong pout spread upon his meek face. one glance at that facial expression, amd phil just wanted to hold his baby forever.

so, giving dan what he requested, phil stood and picked up dan. dan wrapped his limbs around phil's torso and lodged his head in the cold crook of phil's pale neck. "dan don' feew good, daddy." he whispered. phil could hear the frown in his voice.

phil smiled sadly. "i know you don't, baby. but daddy's gonna make it all better, okay, bear?" he asked. dan managed a nod, but hus frown increased once phil sat him on the bathroom counter. "hold on one second." phil said as he began to start the bath. dan watched with tired eyes, not whining or complaining once, as he didnt have the energy to.

phil turned back to him and gestured to lift his arms up, which he did. after sliding the hoodie off and setting carol on the table side, dan almost didnt appear as sick, almost. his clothes he was sporting underneath the hoodie was one of phil's infamous graphic tees, and a pair of phil's boxers that dan liked to wear as shorts.

phil stripped dan and lifted his bare feet onto the cold linoleum floor. dan instantly slouched and drug himself to the bath. his medicine was kicking in and he was getting very tired. he sat in the hot water, goosebumps rising kn his arms and legs. he waited patiently for phil to wet his sweaty hair. and of course, like every other bath, phil washed dans hair.

"are you tired, bear?" phil hummed. dan slowly nodded, a big yawn erupting from his lips. "im almost done, danny, then we can lay in bed and take a nap, yeah?"

dan absentmindedly agreed, eyes closed as he focused on phils long fingers lathering conditioner into his hair.

phil rinsed dan off and quickly dried him off, dressing him in a different pair of underwear, boxers, and tee shirt. he handed carol to dan and carried the hoodie as he led dan to the bedroom.

laying the hoodie on a chair, he tucked dan into the bed and changed into pajamas, as he wanted to be comfortable, and climbed beside his lover.

he wrapped his arm around dan's upper torso as dan scooted closer to phil's chest, a soft hum of delight leaving his throat.

"sweet dreams, bear, i love you."

aaaaaand its 3:42 am, ill edit tomorrow