chapter 5:

Ebony:

My mother gave me the typical birthday money and a cupcake and had to leave for work. She practically begged me to make plans for my birthday. So I was in my room getting ready to go to the The Boil (my fave💓) with Zaria, Justin, Jonah, and Phil.

I heard a knock on my door and Zaria came inside.

"Ouu bitch, you look fine as hell." Zaria said taking her phone and taking pictures of me.

"Something slight." I said.

Later; Justin, Jonah, and Phil showed up to my house with pink 16 balloons, cupcakes, and gifts.

"Awe thank you guys. I appreciate this." I said pulling them all into a hug.

"Lets get going so we dont miss our reservation and because I'm starving." Jonah hungry ass said.

"Right I want some shrimp, sausage and corn right now." I said while Jonah agreed.

We went to the subway and went to the boil and ate.

"Yo this food hitting." I said cracking the crap leg with my teeth. My plastic bib was already dirty and filled with garlic butter and cajun seasoning.

"I've never seen a girl eat crab legs in front of me like this." Justin said causing us all to laugh.

"Yall not important and I don't play games when it comes to my seafood." I said pulling the meat out.

"Aye yall guess what?" Justin said.

"What?" We asked at the same time.

"I'm thinking about taking this rap shit seriously. Like in a studio type shit," Justin said, "I was watching the rap games the other day and I'm just as good if not better than them kids."

"Go for it. Your talented as hell and the last thing you want is your talent going to waste." I said while they all nodded in agreement.

The waitress came and dropped the bill. It was expensive as hell but I made sure everyone meal was paid for. If I'm eating, my friends eating too. Even though it was my birthday.

*a/n: if your friends don't treat you this way or you don't treat your friends that way y'all not friends. All my friends(i only 1½) eating even if that means I'ma have skinny pockets. That doesn't mean you're always the one to pay & take care of them but if they're hungry & you can help them help them & they should do the same for you. Choose your friends wisely. Let me not start giving advice & preaching.

We took the train back to my apartment and I started open my gifts. I opened Zaria's and it was swisher sweets,weed, and a Visa gift card.

"Bitch, we not smoking. But thanks for the money." I said throwing the contraband at her head.

I opend the gift the boys collectively got me and it was a name plate chain.

"HAAANNNN." I said sticking my tongue out.

"I chose it. They was tryna buy you some lingerie." Jonah said patting his chest like a champion.

"Thanks lil nigga, I appreciate you." I said hugging him.

"I wanna see Ebony in lingerie." Zaria said rubbing her hands like birdmane.

"You're gay." I said pointing at her making everyone laugh.

"I'm finna go roll up, I aint wasting my shit." She said getting up and walking out. Jonah and Phil followed hot on her tails.

"How was your birthday?" Justin said sitting next to me on the couch.

"Good. I really appreciate y'all for this." I said thanking him.

"I got you a card." He said pulling out his pocket.

"your value to this world is so sensational, whether or not you should take your life is undebatable . the bond you share with people that love you is so unbreakable. out of 7.4 billion you're irreplaceable. Your birthday is to be special even though you've been through hell and back before 16 Happy birthday. -Justin💓 "

I pulled him into a hug almost immediately. My heart start racing and my cheeks went hot.

"Whoever your future wife is, she lucky." I said still in his arms.

"Thats finna be you." He said.

"Stop playing." I said awkwardly laughing. He should be mindful on what he says because I have a real life crush on him.

"I'm deadass." He said looking at me dead in my eyes.

"Well now I don't know what to say." I said. My heart was beating loud, I'm pretty sure he could hear it.

"Say nothing." He said pulling my face and bringing his lips into mine. His lips were synchronized with mine. My brain was barely processing anything that was going on. I felt electricity rushing in between us and my breath was hitched.

"What yall got going on?" Jonah said coming back in causing us to separate.

"Bruh leave and stay with Zaria." Justin said to him.

"Zaria got lipgloss all over the blunt, I ain't smoking that." He said sitting down in the living room.

"You cock blocking." Justin said. It was so awkward and weird. Everything is happening faster than I thought.