chapter 8:

Justin:

"You not talking to me?" I asked Ebony as she opened her front door to her house.

"I wouldn't open the door if I wasn't." She replied standing behind the door.

"Let me in." I said staring at her.

"No, my mom home." She said.

"That ain't never stopped you before Ma. I'm being deadass, lets talk." I replied frustrated.

"Take your shoes off." She said opening the door wider.

I walked into her house and went straight towards her room. She locked her door and sat on bed next to me.

"You ain't gotta wear that jacket around me." I said softly.

"I'm fine." She simply said.

"What did I do?" I asked.

"Honestly, you did nothing. I'm tripping but I decided to keep conversations with you to a minimum." She sighed running her hands through her hair.

"You aint had to do that though." I said.

"I didn't but I did. We didn't give eachother a chance to be friends before we jumped into the 'I like you' phase." She admitted.

"I'm pretty sure we both knew what it was after we had that talk the night of your birthday." I said.

"See I thought so too but then you were calling me your frin-"

"because we are friends." I said

"Well maybe I don't wanna be friends." She said shrugging.

"So what do you wanna be? My girl?" I asked.

"Man I wanna be more than your girl. I wanna be your number one supporter, your diary, your homie, I wanna be all that. You and I being friends is not the move." She said sighing.

"You needa be more vocal. Speak your mind more." I said.

"I'm sick of hearing I need to be more this or more that. Right now, I'm Ebony and I'ma always be Ebony. There's just somethings I'm not good at and right now I'm being vocal so bare with me." She said rolling her eyes.

"You aint talk to me for damn near three weeks. How is that being vocal?" I asked her.

She got up off the bed and opened the door.

"Get out."

"You trippin' Ma, I'm just tryna talk." I replied.

"Which is understandable but you keep throwing my faults at me. I get it, I wasn't being vocal but you know my circumstances. I'm dependable and when I stop depending on you it's suddenly a problem?" She said still standing by the door.

"Just tell me how you feeling."

"I like you and it hurts so much because one minute it feels like you feeling me too then I'm a friend." She sighed closing the door and sitting next to me again.

"I'm feeling you too. While everybody was clowning cause I wanted to be a rapper you was supporting me and helping me film a video. You helped me with my homework, helped me with my bars, you a whole package." I told her getting closer to her.

"Then cuff before I'm a whole package for another nigga." She said.

"Nah, you all me. Ain't no other nigga cuffing you." I told her putting my hands on her thighs.

"Don't touch me." She said slapping my hand off of her.

"Can I tell you something?" I said putting my head in her lap.

"What?"

"This my last week in Brooklyn, I'm going to Atlanta to be on the rap games." I told causing her to stand up and started jumping.

"I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!" She squealed.

"You the first person I told." I told her causing her to smile.

"This is so exciting but on a serious note remember who you was fucking with before the clout." She said seriously.

"Can't forget about who was riding for me." I said putting my head on her lap.

"Kinda gone be sad not having you around all the time." She said playing in my hair.

"It's only ten weeks and I'll be back." I said slyly rubbing her thighs.

"Ten weeks too long." She said lowly.

"I'ma be back and take you out to eat and take cute photos." I said getting up and unzipping my jacket revealing that I was shirtless.

"Or you can take me to the studio and I'ma help you get on the charts." She said tracing circles on my chest.

"Ma, you always worried about me. Whats your aspirations in life?" I asked her moving her hair out her face.

"I want open a non profit therapy clinic. Therapy is expensive as hell and insurance companies barely cover it. It's almost like mental illness are brushed under the rug." She said.

"You can do it baby, I believe in you." I told her causing her to bury her face in my chest.

"I already said you don't need to wear that jacket around me." I said pulling at the zipper.

"I know but my scars are so unattractive."

"Ma, ion care about them scars. I know about em already and if they bothered me I wouldve left you alone a long time ago. You really gotta embrace your skin." I said.

"Ion got no shirt on."

"Me neither." I said pulling her zipper down revealing her perky breast.

"Stop." She said zipping her jacket up.

"I seen ya titties." I laughed sticking my tongue out.

"Shut up." She said mushing my head laughing.

"They nice. Not like Raven Symones." I complimented.

"Shut up. I know they nice." She said in a duh tone.

"I'm happy were talking again." I told her causing her to smile.

''Hopefully you don't piss me off again." She replied.

I looked at the alarm clock that was near her bed and it read 3:00am.

"Shit, I gotta go." I said standing up and putting my jacket on while tryna stuff my foot in my shoe.

"No stay."She said pulling me back on the bed.

"If your mom wake up and see me here thats yo ass. My mother probably on my ass right now." I said getting my phone off her nightstand.

She walked me to the door and frowned. I grabbed her by her chin and pulled her lips to mine. She wrapped her hands around my neck and kissed me back with so much passion.

"Come and see me after school, you meeting my mother." I said causing her to smile.

"Say no more."