prologue - A Life Before Our Own

Hello, once again my phantasms! I am back with another story! It took me so long to figure out what to do with this. 

WARNING: MUCH ANGST 

Disclaimer: I do not own Danny Phantom that right goes to Butch Hartman

On to the chapter!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

(3pov)

Chronos and Ophion, Clockwork and Danny, walked through Phusis's garden hand in hand. Ophion had been pointing out rare and extraordinary flora and fauna while Chronos listened with a somber mood. He had known this day would come just like it had all the other times. Chronos and Ophion knew this day would come really after Ophion had gained the memories of his past lives he had accepted it with pride. He had accepted that he was going to die one of these days, he just didn't know when or how. 

Chronos knew... He knew exactly when and how his lover would die while knowing he couldn't do anything to stop it. He honestly despises this knowledge with his entire being. He knew that his mate would die by the hands of jealousy. The primordials who were jealous of how much life and energy his lover radiated.  Their jealousy filled glances directed at Orphion's relationship with the time master.

They were in the center of the garden waiting for their cue. And the hushed whispers were just that. It happened so suddenly, the five jealousy filled primordials lunging at Orphion so fast he didn't even scream. After they had each done their damage Chronos raced over to his lover's side.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Clockwork/Chronos)

I raced over to my mate's bloody and bruised side holding him close while whisperings sweet nothings in his ear. He looked up at me with those baby blue eyes that were just full of life a second ago which were now dull and glazed over. He choked out a laugh and spoke in a hushed tone "Looks like the reaper caught me, eh?" Even when he was dying he still managed to laugh at the pain and everything around him. "Please don't strain yourself even more... it hurts too much to watch you suffer..." Then he asked me the question that would seal our fates the next time we met. "Meet me in another time, won't you? I'd hate to leave you alone..." I could feel his heart slowing down. And with one silent curse to the sky, I sealed our fate.

"Of course I will, my temporal trickster..."

He turned to dust in my arms at the final words leaving our promise ring behind.
With one final line of curses shouted towards the heavens I teleported back to the citadel to wait once again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Phusis)

I was never the one to get in between lovers, but if it meant getting the primordial of time all to myself? Well, I could make some arrangements.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

505 words!

hello, again my little phantasms It is I, keeper and thanks for reading this chapter of 'Meet me in Another Time' see you in the next chapter but don't forget to

comment

heart

and follow!