ςђคקtєг ภเภє

3 months later
Chicago, Illinois

Dean and I gripped our flashlights as we stomped through a sewer

Dean and I gripped our flashlights as we stomped through a sewer. A shapeshifter was on the loose, and we were out for it. Sam paraded the south side of the system, searching for the walking pile of slop. I snuck around a corner, holding my gun out in front of me.

I stepped right into a pile of shifter skin.

This was my first case since Sam and Dean have been back. It took months of convincing Dean, and months of training sessions.

"You can't come on a case unless you know how to defend yourself," Dean would groan.

One day I told him to teach me, and after that, we started to train. Sam, who was a frequent occupant of our guest bedroom, would sneak up on me, and it was my test to see if I could pin him. Dean let me read some pages out of John's book, which I'm now too comfortable with. Before I started coming on cases it was my job to study the lore, boring.

Examining my shoe, I groaned.

"Son of a bitch."

Dean laughed as he passed in front of me.

I heard a bang in the distance, Dean and I glanced at each other before we turned around, heading the other way.

The sewer was usually silent, other than the echoes of our footsteps and pipes leaking in the distance.

The skeleton of the sewer creaked as I crept around a corner where I could hear the shifter molting. It resembled the sound of someone stirring macaroni and cheese.

The shifter didn't suspect us, as we hid behind the walls watching him. He developed his new skin which was none other than: Sam. He must have had an encounter with him on his way in.

Dean and I glanced at each other, speaking with our eyes.

Great, his said.

He nodded towards me as the shifter shuffled towards us. As soon as he reared the corner I wrapped my arm around his neck, aimed my gun at his temple, and pulled the trigger. My gun was armed with silver bullets, some of which I made myself.

His shifter brains splattered against the cement walls.

Sam came running through an entrance adjacent to us.

He noticed the dead shifter and let his tightly wound shoulders drop.

Dean caught up with Sam to make sure they hadn't seen anymore signs of shifters. I stayed back with the shifter and jammed my silver blade into his heart, just to be sure.